plasti dip mold

N

nick1990

I was just wondering if you could use plasti dip to make a mold of a bio. I was just going to brush it on and then put some tape on it to make it more durable and not as flimsy.

M

Maverick118

I'm not sure weather it'd have the shure strenegth required when you come to de-mold the bio. You could do a latex snap mold or has been said in previous threads molding silicone or silicone caulking, you can add acrylic paint to the caulking to get it to kick a mite quicker too. Sometimes it's worth doing something on the cheap, and then there's the times it's worth doing properly. Personally I would plump for the caulking for a first time mold like this, it is cheap and pretty easy to do a brush up mold. Just remember to where gloves. You can make a mother mold for the finished silicone mold from plaster bandages to stop it from warping when you cast the final piece.

T

The Big Gunns

I don't know about plastidip... but it would take quite a bit to make a mold. Unfortunately bios and armor when done in resin are expensive to mold... period. Tere really isnt a cheap way out.

~Mel

S

SeaHunterr

Definately cheap...give it a try, what do you have to loose?

T

The Big Gunns

I would try molding something smaller as a test. You don't know what will happen when the resin heats up inside the mold, and how he mold release will work.