PLEASE HELP! ...Maniak...

predtrooper

Blooded
To be onest its got me woried im about to spay my girlfriends suit and the more I look in to it the more baffeld I get every one has a different receipe for how to paint . Sometimes it seems more like witchcraft than science. Is there any more experienced members that can help

predtrooper

Blooded
I will see if I can find the video It was a while ago since I watched it and I watched so much stuff before I got started it might take I wile to find but im sure I it was there

predatoj

Blooded
To me, it looks as if the paint layers are too thick. This is why we use 'ink' because the pigment is so strong, the layer has to be super thin. If you do an oil painting of a job it will crack and peel.

Maniak

Blooded
That's the wrong paint imo. For latex you need the Illustration range or the Tim Gore bloodline for Latex. Both are based on the Illustration line.
i will try the illustration range paint this time around. I tried the paint i used because im familiar with it and because it specified for use on Latex.

I also kno that this paint does not crack at all it dries like rubber almost, depending how thick the paint is.

Maniak

Blooded
Im honestly thinking it was partialy due to the latex being thin and the sweat going through! I meen i was Drenched in sweat!

I did notice that it felt a little wet between the paint and latex! The latex may have been too thin plus the paint was fine on the top half and the mask.

Jimbob24

Blooded
it's not bonding to the latex, it still looks juicy it don't looked dried at all, latex mixed with acrylic paint that's what i do works fine.

Maniak

Blooded
it's not bonding to the latex, it still looks juicy it don't looked dried at all, latex mixed with acrylic paint that's what i do works fine.
I let the latex dry for 2 days before painting and then it was about a month before i wore the suit... is this not enough drying time it felt dry, still does! idk

yoshiwa1985

Blooded
that happened to mine and i used the createx airbrush paint with a perma-wet top coat and still had that issue in some places. i went back and repainted the areas with acrylic paint mixed with the bloodline additive and cleared it with the design master dresden clear glaze flexible spray and haven't had any issues since.

predtrooper

Blooded
I finally found that video I mentioned about the citric acid, I cant figure out how to put a link on but its by genome studio and its called .. huntorial-how to pre your costume for paint. Even if this is nothing to do with your problem its a cool series of vids

predtrooper

Blooded
Iv just spent the last couple of hours watching you tube videos on spaying latex masks to see if I could find anything to help you and the only thing that they all have in commen is that every one wears a bandana
Did you wear a bandana while spraying ? but seriously I think the the difference in abuse a mask takes and a full suit takes makes a lot of difference so they weren't much help

Maniak

Blooded
Iv just spent the last couple of hours watching you tube videos on spaying latex masks to see if I could find anything to help you and the only thing that they all have in commen is that every one wears a bandana
Did you wear a bandana while spraying ? but seriously I think the the difference in abuse a mask takes and a full suit takes makes a lot of difference so they weren't much help
Damit i knew i should of worn that! Next time!

Xeno Purge

Young Blood
As I will be approaching this in the next 4 weeks or so can some one confirm to me the route I should take that has worked for you. I have read so many different ways of doing it that now I am unsure

XenomorphQueen

Unblooded
To be honest, and I may very well be late on posting this, AND I may not provide any help....BUT

My Xenomorph Queen boots did the EXACT same thing. They were peeling off in one big sheet as if it wasn't sticking. What I would do...It may be the idea that it was water based paint. I would think all those sealers on it, would fix it...But You may want to try latex based paint. Mix latex with your paints and spray it on a coat of latex to color it.

My main man Brad told me that because my boots were fake leather and latex on that, made it not stick, so he said to use....Ugh what was it called. It's that spray you use on your cars? You know to like paint on them? I don't remember but it's the same material on the shoes so applying the design foam onto the boot directly then sealing it on with that stuff, and painting it after should keep it stuck on.

It may be the same case with your costume. You may have used a shirt, and pants but it may have just been the water base, and your body heat that made the latex not stick. I hope this kinda helps!

predatoj

Blooded
The Prosaide/ink method is a tried and true method, ask any of the old hands here. It's a form of PAX paint that's been used in the FX industry for years. The problem with mixing latex with pigment is you can't shoot it through an airbrush.