Pred Head 10/03

S

Supreme Hunter

Well guys and gals I am nearly done with my P2 scupt, and if anyone can recall the last time I posted a topic I said that i was making a 1/1 scale bust . Cant wait bout 2 more weeks until I am done wish I could post pics but rather keep you guys in suspense . But at this point it is still solid and weighing in at a massive 78 lbs . Making it a pain in the butt to carry across my 30 ft art room. I just got to put the mandibles on, let it dry a little, hollow it out, fire it, and before I paint it I will posts picks. then after painting and putting dreads on I will post the final picks. OMG I CAN'T WAIT.

Chris

N

NibsFlibble

Is it done yet..........

how about now?

Now?

HURRY UP WITH THOSE PICS!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NibsFlibble

To post pics:

when you hit "add reply" like you do to post a message, on the left side under "comment", you will find a button that says "image". Click that

You need to have your pictures hosted somewhere on the web, like an FTP or Photobucket.

Just type in the URL of where your photos are hosted (or copy and paste the URL). Click 'ok' and your pictures will show!!!!!

K

kithunter

Dude, you suck...all i see is little boxes with x's.

bring it, oh supreme one!

AM

K

kithunter

I hope that wasn't how you took it. I love busting balls round these parts. i guess i need to be more sensitive to other people

....nah screw that, let's see the goods..

ok love the headsculpt the proportions look good, only exception is the mandibles. they look too buku, to big in relation to the rest of his big ass head
i would bring it down about half the scale. that's my .02 my 10 is free

Andrew(peace and love)marzan

S

Supreme Hunter

Its no prob Andrew I didn't take it seriously, but yea I'm goin to school today to do some more owrk on it I just wish I had more then a hour and a half to work on it. The pics were the head looks really big, its just like that because its at a slightly overhead angle, and as far as the mandibles go I still got to trim them down. So hope everyone likes it so far I'm gonna be posting more pics next monday sssssoooooo peace off to school.

Chris

P

PredatrHuntr

I commend you for doing an open mouth P2 - no one has done it yet...

W

waynes manners

COOL! I kinda like the oversized mandibles and tusks.
When it's finished you should consider making hollowcast resin copies for those of us that like to have a painted bust.
I know I would love to have one to paint up! It would be one helluva huge mold tho!
Nice work, especially for your second attempt at sculpture!

Shawn

M

Master Yoda 54

That thing is the balls man, especially for it being your second sculpt. you should definately make a resin cast of that joker for all of us to have fun with.

KEITH

K

kithunter

Predatorous REX!!!!! holy cow...diggin it bigtime,(keyword:BIGTIME)
it looks like it's in motion rather than a static piece.

AM

S

Supreme Hunter

Thanks for all the cool replys I'll see what I can do about making a resin cast. Like I said it's going slow hope to have the left side done by next monday. Can't wait to hollow it out so it doesnt weigh so much . Well thanks again for all the good replys can't wait to post more pics.

Chris

T

The Mortal Immortal

Great job; I can see my design before paint sheet (WEEEEEEEEEEEEE). Keep up the good work.

N

NibsFlibble

That looks so BADASS! You're doing a great job! Keep us posted on the progress!

J

JAILER1955

Damn you ... I mean, Damn good. It really is looking super. I happen to be a P2 lover and I like things a little different. Fantastic. I'll be glad when I try my first sculpt.

George

S

sinister70

That sculpt is coming along great. The overblown teeth and tusks really give it an aggresive appearance. I'm loving the texture detail as well. It really should be a bad ass piece when completed. I only have one critisism and that is that the frill around the crown looks too smooth and uniform compared to the rest of the sculpt, maybe it's yet to be finished but that's the only thing of a negative I can find to say about it. Keep it up

Cheers

S

Supreme Hunter

Well been kinda busy last week and htis week do to finals . But I did manage to bring home my sculp monday still didnt do much damn job . Really all I did monday is fix the dreads and do some more detail to the right side. Hope you like and hopefully I will get some more responses.
Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Chris

S

Supreme Hunter

Well I am off to go to the local pawn shop and buy a gun so i can shoot my sculpt then myself. I am really dissapointed in myself for changing my orginal design. I went from something orginal and great looking to something so horrible it makes you want to rip your eyes out. Well now it really does look like something from a horror movie but a really really REALLY low budget film made by a bunch of 2 year olds. Guys and Gal i dont want any compliments cause I know you would be lying, I just really need some advice really bad. PLEASE I need all the help I can get. Oh and here are the pics of the horrible sculpture makes me fell a little sick looking at it .
Picture029.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Chris

M

Maverick118

Dude, it's just clay, just take a step back and deep breath and dive in again. The good thing is you now know which design worked best for this. You've done it once it should be a breeze to get it back to how it was before. It's the great thing about sculpting, do something you don't like just tear it down and start again. Just look at it as a learning curve, I know from experience you're not going to hit the nail on the head first time. Just keep plugging away at it and you'll do fine.