PREDALIEN

P

pro predator

thats so freaking coooolll
where did you found it??
got any more

S

Seanf1979

If you buy the predator 1 or 2 game they are in there aswell plus you get to fight them as the predator human to I believe.

J

JAILER1955

I'm curious about another thing. Everyone wonders what it will look like, myself included, but what will it be?

We have already dealt with three major hybreds, the Ripley clone, the Queen Alien that was harvested from her and the newborn alien creature. The physical appearances of the queen and Ripley were unchanged, but other traits were exchanged. The Queen bore a single offspring internally, not by laying an egg. It also seemed (?) to register a maternal instinct before it was killed.

Ripley gained extremely heightened senses, reflexes, strenght and a cold confidence of a superior predator.

The newborn was a total jumbled cocktail of DNA, effecting everything about it; appearance and mannerizms.

The thoughts of confusion is this; each alien born from a host would be a hybred. The first, unseen, queen most likely was hosted by the mummified pilot of the horseshoe ship. That would made it a hybred, mixed DNA. The next alien used Kane as a host. That alien sported two arms, two legs. Was that number the input of the human DNA?

In the later resulting colony, the alien Queen and resulting offspring were also hosted by humans and shared many characteristics of the first alien as they were spawned from the same hosts,a human.

At the penal colony/ore refinery the alien was hosted by a dog. The appearance was much the same, but of course, there were differences. It lost the C7 Spine on the back, between the shoulder blades and at the base of the neck, the four tubular protrusions on the back and its locomotion. The limbs were now that of a quadraped instead of a biped. It ran on four legs with the rear legs sporting a hock, a joint where the ankle used to be. Actually, it is an ankle, but shaped differenly than a human one. Also, notice that when a chestburster hatches from a biped, it is snake-like with underdeveloped limbs, when it came out of the dog, its limbs were developed and functional. It was also akward and needed time to learn to walk, like a puppy.

Now back to the research facility, the Ripley clone and the Queen Alien that was harvested from her were a accidental combination of DNA. So that could explain why the physical appearances remained unchanged.

The other aliens were spawned out of human hosts again, returning to design that we have grown to love.

The newborn, however, was a radical mix of DNA due to the fact that its mother, the queen, was already screwed up with human DNA. So many things changed, mixed. Its skin, body shape, limb structure and head and face structure. And in the end, it spoke with an approximation of a human voice. Also, although it was designed in, but not put into the final film, the newborn had a penis.

IN AVP, the final chestburster that came out of Scar was snake-like, undeveloped limbs like in a human, but sported the predator upper and lower mandibles.

In the past aliens, it seemed that the alien DNA was the most dominant regardless of the host. There were changes in the body structure, but its brain was still an alien. Maybe it will not be the same this time around. The predator species seems to have a very strong immune system with the ability to grown and replace missing limbs. It could be possible that the inherited immune system might challenge the alien system and come out dominant, more than a human or dog. Could this resulting mixed breed mentally be a predator, with some alien characteristics? It would not be accepted by either race, and perhaps feared by both. The bastard halfbreed. No home to call its own, no one to call friend or mate. Just the best and worst of both breeds with a desire to hunt and kill everything ...or... a lone exile hunter that craves to be accepted by anyone?

Got your own idea. I'd love to hear.

George

P

PredatrHuntr

Very interesting theories...

I think the Alien is mostly Alien in DNA, but the DNA from the host helps define the Alien in body structure...therefore still remaining primarily Alien.

The fundamentals remain the same...the chestburster is always in the snake/eel form; Queen has the massive wide head and is generally larger than the drones; the protruding "tongue".

With that said, I absolutely HATE the newborn and in my head that is stricken from all Alien movie lore and does not exist. I refuse to believe that the Alien can go from the first and second movie Alien to that pink, potbellied peice of shit.

I will always view the Alien as being something that remains primarily Alien in DNA, but takes on the body structure of the host...

I would love to see a full grown Alien/Predator hybrid. Would it retain the "hunt" instinct? Maybe someday we will see one on the big screen...

T

tommynator1024

Since the alien foetus is inserted by the facehugger through the mouth, there is no such thing as a mixing of DNA - it should be digested but isn't, maybe due to its immunity to its own acidic blood. However, from a biological point of view, there can be no host DNA involved at any time. It's a parasite, not a bastard (well, a bastard it is, but in another sense...)

That's why this predalien business is all bullshit, if you're asking me.

J

JAILER1955

Point well taken, but if there was no mix of DNA, how would it take on charactoristics of the host?

Eggs all have yolks to sustain them during their incubation period. The shell is protection against the elements and a matter not necessary for discussion in this case since the host protects the embryo.

The face hugger remains in its egg for who knows how long. The egg is its life support. Once it leaves the egg, it must accomplish its mission in life quickly, since without its food source, it dies soon afterwards.

Once the egg, the embryo of the chestburster, is implanted, it requires a food sourse, the host, of course, is it. The embryo would of course 'digest' cell material for food, as would any parisite. But because of its fantastic growth rate, some cells are harvested not for food, but building material. If it relied on its own cell production, the rapid growing cells would run low on the necessary material and end up producing a cell structure that was flawed, weak an vulnerable to damage.

By breaking down host cells and salvaging the material to fill the gaps, some DNA could or would survive. Possibly, the host DNA would have to be spliced into the parasite's own DNA, in order that its body would have the necessary genes to produce the cellular materials that it has incorperated into its body.

If the alien did not take on traits of the host, then I would totally agree with you. But since it does, there must be some of the genitic code spliced in.

Which brings up another interesting thought, what would a pure bred xenomorph look like?

M

master hobbs

I got the second one the first time to work, but the one i like the best has an error

M

master hobbs

I don't know what you are talking about, because they work on my computer

M

master hobbs

somthig funny is going on because i can see 3 of them, must be a glitch or something.