PREDATOR 1 & 2 MASK PAINTING

N

NUCKING FUTS BONG

You can use a fine brush starting from the inside if the mouth spreading to the outside,or use some fine line permanent markers.

J

JAILER1955

This is Nuckingfasty, which translates into I love it. You displayed exactly what I wanted and needed. Bless you , my son.....

S

Seanf1979

Very nice awesome detail. I would love to get my hands on one of those. Great work best masks I have seen in awhile.

J

JAILER1955

Dear Mister N.F.B.

As I stated above, I love the education that your post has given me. But my real question this time is where did you procure your P2 mask? The P2 is my favorite design so far and I would like to get one. Can you educate me once more?

Thanks....George

P

PredatoRob

Art, man that's an awesome tutorial. Thanks for posting it, I am more than certain it will come in handy.

Can ANYONE show us here how to do "veining".
Sure! I spent most of the weekend experimenting with different veining "techniques". For the veins on the forehead and cheek area I just used my airbrush and this paint I just ran out of. But I will post the name of the color once I find out where the bottle went after I threw it. You can also use a fine detail brush as stated above. For the veins in the mouth I used the blade of an Xacto knife. However, you'd want to thin out the paint beforehand, otherwise the veins will be too "obvious".

It didn't even occur to me that I could've used a fine point marker until after I'd finished with the Xacto knife.

T

The Big Gunns

You have a very interesting way of putting the colors down but it works. If I had time I would do a tutorial on veining. Maybe after DC. ~Mel

pdisc

Elite Hunter
nice job bro, hey its damon, i met you and dave at comic con, i talked to you guys for a little bit, whats your email address?

N

NUCKING FUTS BONG

dude that Frankenstein bust is bad ass i wish i could paint that good PDISC just pm you

well guys there are three was you can do veining like DB said you can use a fine tip paintbrush but that takes alot of time you can use PRISMACOLOR markers theres a red and a true blue that can be use again take up time or the faster way is using an airbrush but must be very skilled for it im not that skilled yet like others out there frist off is that you may want to find some good pictures on veins well it is always best to have an dual action airbrush the farther you pull back on the airbrush the more paint flows threw the airbrush when you push it back the less paint there is start off on some paper the way on veining is to get close to the paper the farther way you are from the paper the thicker the line is going to be the closer you are to the paper the thiner the line gets what you want to do is make some lines starting from thick to thin thick to thin and keep doing it till you get the hang of it make sure the pressure of you air is low maybe like 30 or lower p.s.i now as you can see the base of the vein is thick look at it was if it was a tree again thick at the base then its gets thiner and branches off with others thiner lines its almost making a noodle here are some pictures that may help better understand it
IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

well i hope that helps some mel plz correct if im worng any time your more better with an airbrush then me cya

T

TK3467

I'm wondering if that was my P2 or not.Thanks for posting that Art. I wish I had an airbrush and a P2 to play with now so I could give it a try.

N

NUCKING FUTS BONG

my god why must it go on it alway goes from good to bad

T

TK3467

Art you hopefully weren't refering to me. I thanked you for posting that and said it was nice! Don't you be the one to ruin your own thread..

N

NibsFlibble

If someone doesn't have an airbrush - when you use a paint brush you can alternate between the stiff cheap kind and the better, softer brush.

I would recommend cutting of most of the bristles off, leaving you with only 1, 2, or 3 bristles left on the brush, depending on how thick or thin the veins are going to be.

It takes more time than an airbrush, but you can get fantastic detail with a regular brush as well .......

T

The Big Gunns

Its also hard to learn to control an airbrush so a brush is better sometimes.

Hey ART!!! Im gonna start calling you Puncution Predator if you start putting periods in your sentence. Haha ~Mel

F

fantazar

Man that's friggin excellent m8!

Thanks a lot for that tutorial. Just need a mask now