predator 1/3 kit NEW PICS

M

maquettemaster

hi guys

im not new to this board, just my board name- im the guy that sculpted the gort helmet Darren Harvey. My ezboard name and pass word would not work so had to create a new one.
Anyway thought i would post this, just finished it i am sure alot of you guys have this kit, ive had it a few years but did nothing with it , until nine months ago, i was inspired by the sideshow maquette pics so i thought i would re- sculpt this kit, ive resculpt the head so it has a closed mouth, as I have sculpted the helmet which has been made like the full size version and is cast in resin fibre glass which can be placed on the head, the cannon has been resculpt and can pivot up-down left and right all but a few bones and skulls have been made including a spine,real leather loin cloth and minature netting rubber hoses and silicone quills. all in all i have spent nine months(not full time) on this piece trying to get the right look and detail in the making and painting this piece was all airbrushed
PRED10SML.jpg
PRED9SML.jpg
PRED8SML.jpg
PRED6SML.jpg
PRED5SML.jpg
PRED4SML.jpg
PRED3SML.jpg
PRED2SML.jpg
predbackcloseSML.jpg

K

kithunter

Welcome back to the board, The modded kit looks pretty good. yes more pics please

AM

T

tjm023

WELCOME BACK DARREN!
That looks great. Looking foward to the full shots! I plan to paint a couple of Pred kits I have so any tips would be welcomed .

By the way, I've been working the Gort Bio I got from you off and on, just havent had time to finish it but will have pictures soon.

Tom.

S

STEVE0671

Great work Bud! you've done a fine job on that.. looks like you've given that kit the sproose of life it needs, Nicely done !

Like the mini Helmet you sculpted!

M

maquettemaster

Just a note

I have had a few requests to make a few of these miniture helmets for people that have bought the sideshow maquette- but could not get hold of the exclusive helmet version to display with it. if anyone is interested
please PM me and let me know.

they will be finished like the sideshow version if requested, the one pictured is taken from film reference

thanks

I

inkdoctor

nice job on the mod. i have one of those kits that was recast in vinyl. and someone on ebay was selling a bio cast off original bigtime resin version of the kit. i was just going to do like he did and cut out the face i like the bio version better anyway and just glue it on. but after seeing this i may give altering the mouth a try first and if i screw that up i can allways cut it out.

K

kithunter

dig the mods, like i've always said the predator is more intimidaiting with a bio than off...