Predator 1 inspired suit done......PICS

D

DAVIDYR1

I can finally get back to posting pics now....computer is now able to download the pics. Steve these are for you!

IM003036.jpg

rotatedmepainting.jpg

IM003040.jpg

IM003043.jpg

IM003047.jpg

IM003042.jpg

IM003044.jpg

David

H

Halo Predator

Hell David!

@#%$! That is so goddamm sweet that I just wanna cry like a little girl...

I WANT ONE!

Tim.

K

kithunter

pure sweetness. nice damn nice. amazing what you can do when you have the right space.

AM

L

lupusyonderboy2701

Just a WOW!!! thats just to sweet!!! very nice!!!

S

streetjudge79

WOW David, it looks incredible man!!!You did a helluva job on that sucker! It looks like it was worth the wait. One thing though, It doesn't match my mask or feet!!!!!! UGHHHHHHH
My feet and head have dark green spots.

D

DAVIDYR1

Thanks everyone!!

Hey buddy glad you like it!!!! I really wanted this to be as close as possible to the first film. That sucks about the mask and feet though. You never told me about matching up the paint to any existing pieces you had other than the shoulder pack you got from Pete...???? I'd have happily matched up your suit to the mask for you if I'd known.

No worries though. There's a bit of green in your suit.. not much but it is there and just like in Tom's case...my yellow lights here was out all the beautifull details...expecially any green colors.
Also I airbrushed light blue veins throughout the suit...look pretty cool but you cant see them in these crappy pics.*sigh*

Once you see it in person you'll see all the missing details easily.

Again...took a bit longer than I wanted it to...but over all outcome is one I'm very happy with.

David

S

streetjudge79

AH , good news then. You really outdid yourself Dave, it looks awesome.
Oh, that tracking number you gave was no good, it said INVALID tracking number when I tried it.

D

DAVIDYR1

Again, thanks man. I really worked overtime on yours for a lot of reasons. The main thing is a comment you made regarding one of my earlier pretators that alwasys stuck with me...
"not enough spots...too patchworky" were more or less your words and to be honest with you....you were right.
I then corrected that suit before shipping it but I'll be honest...your words kept echoing in my head while I was painting this one. LOL!!!...but I didnt want to over do it either. Trust me....I'm tickled pink that you like it.

Let me double check the tracking number....It was real late when I emailed you guys last night.......might have screwed up.

David

S

streetjudge79

Looks dead on to the movie, so you nailed it.
Hey If I airbrush the feet and such, I have one of those aztec metal airbrushes and I use acrylics to paint. Is there anything I can put in that paint with that airbrush to hold onto latex?
Someone, I think Michele said to use Plastic model liquid glue..
I am going to try to match it to the mask and feet better.
Steve

S

streetjudge79

You know after really looking close at the photos, the mask and feet may actually work with this. I can now see the dark green in the suit..
Maybe I can pull this off after all! Now I just need a set of hands in 2 weeks!!!!!!!
Steve

R

RaptorArts

LOL just showed my mom your suit pictures and she says "Nice Butt!" lol. I noticed it has a drainage spot incase of an accident on there too. Didnt know the pred had iron underware . Im just being bad cant help it. Btw why are there 2 round thingies on the rear?

P

predator314

All I have to say is that so fricken awsome too bad my pred suit wont turn out that well

K

kithunter

ok i need to pay more attention to this one since i'm down this road.
Very nice i would've like to have seen a tad more veining. but for over all color and paint scheme it came out the $hit david.

Andrew

S

ShadowButcher

Extremely well done! Could have been the suit used in the movie. Your skills are second to none. Please go to huntorials and click beginners help. I started this thread today and could use someone of your knowlege and abilities input. Thanks, Logan.

J

JediUsurper

dont know if im allowed to ask, but out of curiosities sake, how much would a suit like that cost?

S

Savage Yautja

If you need to ask you probably can't afford it. Best option is to make one yourself.