Predator 1 painted, quills, teeth...slime...*yuk*

D

DAVIDYR1

I just have to add the remaining dreads to it. The dreads are only pinned on now anyhow and just for the photos I'm taking here.
Quills...yea yea...I used tooth pics.
I wanted the slime in the mouth to look as if it was running for real. That's why I added the slime-web like look to them running off of the teeth. I hope it gives it the impression of being in motion, or of the mouth area opening. What do you think? Do you think it works or is it 'tacky'..????

I will have more photos of this once I add the remaing dreads to it.
'bout f*&^ing time.....

slime.jpg

closeslimerrr.jpg

slimefront.jpg

sidedreadsno.jpg

Let me know what you think.
Critiques very welcome...

David

K

kithunter

the slime thing works IMHO, what's getting to me are those eyes. solid color works bigtime on them.

pretty sinister looking david

AM

S

SeaHunterr

Amazing work David, you have caught the true presence of a predator with that, slime and all.

J

josephchoi

looks great. love the colours- thought it was a Steve Wang mold for a second there lol. However, I honestly don't really like the dread rings lol

P

pirkleations

Great paint-up on that, Steve!

I do agree with Jo that the dread rings need to be a little more "refined". I'd bet you are probably working on that already.

DangerDavey

D

drgnfyre4

I like the slime. Definetly gives it a little something different that adds interest. Great job.

P

PredatoRob

That is pretty gross/nasty looking!!! Great job!! I think it kind of brings the piece to life even more so. I have always been a fan of your work, David. You just keep getting better and better!!!

I'll just, uh, pull my nose outta your ass now. Hehe.

T

The Big Gunns

Love the slime.. and the eyes are really wicked. High creep factor David!

~Mel

J

JediUsurper

Looks like hes just finished eating someones Kidneys......

oh

oh
oh

cant resist sorry

with some farver beans and a nice Chianti ..ffff fff ffff ffff

M

MoviesColin

Not a huge fan of the slime, but those eyes are freakin' wicked.

D

DAVIDYR1

Thank you for chiming in folks. This really helps...big time.

Some like the eyes...some dont. I wish I could show better pics of them.
Same with the slime...sort of a love/hate thing going on..

I dont ever expect everyone to like or approve of everything I show, but I always appreciate honest critiques when it's not exactly something 'liked'.
You guys here regularly do that and it seems to me that it's always in the hopes of helping us folks to do better or push ourselves harder. Personally, I can only be grateful for the comments and suggestions. These things are what we need to improve and continue to grow as artists.

The eyes actually do have the retina details but they're very hard to see as they're sourrounded in a dark burgundy almost brown blood shot white eye area....and coated with a translucent red clear coat. It's pretty hard to make out in the pics mainly because I suck at taking pics. In person there's a heck of a lot more detail to see....nothing like Mel's paint work but I do hope to get there one day.

The slime...personally I like it. It seemed cool to me to make the siliva like webs pulling away from the teeth...and it's certainly weirded out a few and that is all good too.

I hope to be lucky enough to hear more critiques from you all as I continue to show more of what I've been working on here...

Thanks again!

David

M

MoviesColin

It seemed cool to me to make the siliva like webs pulling away from the teeth.
It does seem very cool.

Actually, I like it now...lol.

The eyes still get me though. Like a shark's eyes. The eyes of a killer...

Pictures saved to my harddrive.

P

PredatrHuntr

Colin hit it on the nose - they look the like eyes of a Great White. Thats why I find it a bit more disturbing to look at...the eyes of a Great Whites are cold and unfeeling.

David, can you take a close up of the eyes and post a few pictures? And if possible, can you take pics in the same lighting AND in more lighting so we can see more detail?

M

MoviesColin

It's much more disturbing than the "purple" eyes the Predator1 had.

I wish they would've used sceleras or something for P1 and P2. Like you said, they look cold and unfeeling. They send chills down my spine.

I guess I mean David's predator here looks more like a killer, more of a cold, ruthless, brutal guy than any of the other hunters. The slime adds to that effect also.

I really dig it!!!! It's inspiring, at least to me.

Last edited by a moderator: