Predator 2 Inspired Helmet *UPDATED 8/1* Better Pics!

P

PredatoRob

Hello everybody!! This is my second attempt at making a helmet after my first one burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. This one is heavily influenced by the Predator's helmet from P2. I used lots of reference pics during the basic build up, then I just went with my imagination.

This shot is pretty early on-

EarlyShot.jpg

Working on the crown-
EarlyShot5.jpg

Earlyshot3.jpg

Working on the laser shroud-
EarlyShot7.jpg

Messing around with the laser shroud and a bottle cap-
HelmetLaser.jpg

Gettin there-
HelmetProfile.jpg

Almost there-
ComingAlongII.jpg

These next series of shots are used with a "goose-neck" pipe attachment that screws onto the 3/4" pipe the helmet is on.

HelmetIV012.jpg

HelmetIV011copy.jpg

HelmetIV010.jpg

HelmetIV009.jpg

HelmetIV008.jpg

HelmetIV007.jpg

HelmetIV004.jpg

HelmetIV003.jpg

HelmetIV002.jpg

HelmetIV001.jpg

The helmet is almost done. I still have to tweak it here and there, some more smoothing etc etc, so if it looks off that's why. Plus Im sure it won't be perfect what with my limited experience with sculpting and what not, but Im doin' my best with it.

What do you guys/gals think? I am having a blast doing, and I can't wait to get it done and molded up. Then it's onto the next one!

Thanks for looking!!!!

S

sinister70

Excellent Rob!

I love it! That is certainly going to be one for the collection when the funds are right. Take your time and don't rush it.....In fact don't take your time. Get it done pronto but keep up the good work. Now stop reading this, get off your lazy arse and get back at it....

Cheers Mate

M

Master Yoda 54

like I said......

FREAKIN SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

I love it man, it has really turned out great mate. You've got a talent for sculpting there man, your easily going to be one of the greats very soon man. Your comming along man, can't wait to see it cast and painted man. Keep it up

KEITH

PS: Bout time you posted some freakin pics man

M

manfromatlantis

Kinda hard to see what it looks like...
You need to post more pix, dude.

SC

T

The Mortal Immortal

Rob Rob Rob thats is really turning out to be a really nice looking bio. I love the patience and the time your putting in to your sculpt keep it up.

T

The Big Gunns

Wow.. I finally get to see shots of it from the front. Looks great Rob.
~Mel

J

JAILER1955

I think that it looks great. I really like the bottle cap, it shows that predators are into re-cycling also.

George

K

kithunter

man that is just mind blowing how cool that came out rob. the menacing look of that piece is right on.
as an artist you got the total package going on. the drawing skills, now this.

your amazing bub

AM

A

alphatech686

Hey dude, it looks great. I really like some of the asymetrical stuff.

M

MoviesColin

Jealous.

Great sculpting skills, man. I wish I could sculpt like that. I really do.

P

PredatrHuntr

I'm very impressed with how you have taken the design and made it your own.

Very cool stuff Rob...you should be proud.

C

carlart

Looks great.
I would have loved to see a few more alterations to set it further apart from the original P2, but not too far. Your symmetry and handling is pretty darn good! The ONLY thing that looks like a budding problem is the lower edge of the jawline. It doesn't look flared out enough, have you checked the helmet against a mask?
carlart

P

PredatoRob

Thank you guys for your kind replies!!!! They mean a lot to me.

Here are some updated pics of it --

HelmetIV013.jpg

HelmetIV015.jpg

HelmetIV016.jpg

I tried to round-out the left side of the crown so that it would match the right side more. It still needs some tweaking and a tad more work on it, but it's getting there!! I am really excited about how it's turning out. I can't wait to start adding character (weathering, dents, etc.) to it.

Carl - Thanks for the compliments!! Actually, the whole muzzle area is a bit more narrow than that of the movie helmet.

I haven't checked it against a mask because I've been planning to sculpt a head piece for it. I saw it done a few years ago on here where a member sculpted the head under the helmet. I think it was Steve- the maker of the Celtic, but I'm not sure. As far as size, well, it's bigger than a Porsche helmet. But not by much. I was trying to scale it to my size, but I think over-shot it a bit. Oh well. Back to sculpting!

Thanks for checking it out!!!!

M

Master Yoda 54

Wonderful job mate.

looking forward to this one big time man.

KEITH

P

PredatoRob

*Whew* This puppy is finally, almost done. All that's left to do now is some smoothing and the laser detail. But other than that I'm done with it, and I can't wait to start on the mold for it. Here are some updates -

HelmetShroudProto005.jpg

HelmetShroudProto002.jpg

HelmetShroudProto003.jpg

HelmetShroudProto001.jpg

What'cha think? Thanks for lookin'!!!

M

Maverick118

In a word WOOF!!!! A lot of hard work gone into this baby and it's paid in spades. Love the look of foreboding it has. Excellent work Rob, Kudos bro' on a piece well done.

M

Master Yoda 54

Pretty much a ditto with Andrew, that thing is perfect. I really love it. Can't wait to see a painted version and one in my hands, WEEEEEEEEEEEE

KEITH