Predator 2 spear tip

M

MAG7 Tiger Claw

There has been some nice darts posted on eBay. Just use the search option..

TiGeR

S

Savage Yautja

Funny this should come up. I just got mine from her today and it's a beaut! This ranks right up there with MR's Combi- Stick,Kithunter's Chromed Porshe, the 2 Cetic bio styles we've seen. and the actual screen used props Larry Kidd has. Excellent detail and a great nickel finish. The only differences are the shaft is slightly longer toward the end and the tips are a little farther apart than the one I have from Paul. All of my darts are really great. I'm not knocking any of them. Thanks to Tim,Wolf, Paul and Christia.
Here's a pic.
[url="http://
Here's a screen pic of the movie dart.
The dart as it was filmed "in flight" in the movie.

K

keith 1138

I just won one of those metal ones on ebay

Cheers,

Keith.

T

TK3467

you must have been the one who beat me. I got a second chance offer though. Gonna go get it right now.

S

Savage Yautja

Welcome to our new dart club. Anyone ever get the idea besides me to make a three pronged dart? Like taking a regular dart tip and moving the blades so they were evenly spaced apart from each other making a triad formation. Paul you're resin ones could look sweet like this.

M

MAG7 Tiger Claw

You know, I believe I got the 1st dart catowl offered. She indicated that she would be changing her method of making these to sell them at a lower cost. For those that remember, $300 clams was in her sights. I called the ball at $150 and received a beautiful dart.

So I guess my question is this, how do you guys really feel about the polished nickel look vs. the more screen accurate anodized metal look? I'm also curious to see what she changed (if anything at all) to sell them for the $60 bills that she is now asking. Our past email correspondence was loaded with how expensive and extremely time consuming it was to make each dart..

TiGeR

S

Savage Yautja

Not sure how durable an anodized finish is. Doesn't it wear off after a time?
This nickel finish looks great and shouldn't need the attention that chrome does to prevent any tarnishing. Besides the nickel finish looks great with my P1 style armor. Close to chrome but a little darker.

T

TK3467

I got mine and the thing is excellent. I'm glad I finally picked one up. Very fast shipping as well.

K

keith 1138

I'm still waiting for mine, but i'm in the UK.
Can't wait for it to arrive.

Keith.

G

gman666

I remember you first buying the dart TiGer and how the price wasn't suppose to drop due to the materials and process. Over the last month I have seen them on auction with lower and lower prices. I at first thought that maybe it was someone else selling the darts. I too would like to know if the quality has gone down since you first purchased yours. That's what keeps me from picking one up. You gave a good review of your piece.

Greg

Greg

M

MAG7 Tiger Claw

Hi Greg...

I'm going to drop catowl an email and ask this very same question. I'm guessing it might be related to hand filing and polishing out any rough spots. This however is really just a guess since I don't have any background in making metal casted items.

There is no disputing the durability of this prop. It could seriously inflict bodily harm.. Definitely not for children.

TiGeR

M

MAG7 Tiger Claw

I've invited catowl to respond personally to this thread. I'm also hoping she can provide an update to any future AVP work.

If she ever decided to make a set of Gauntlet blades they would no-doubt be the Lamborghini of all blades..

TiGeR

P

propgirl2

Hi Guys, I am the maker of the dart. All of the darts we have ever made accept one (experimental white bronze... no plating) have been nickel plated solid yellow bronze. The dart that "Tiger" received was and still is the nicest dart we have ever made. His dart was COMPLETELY hand finished and was touched up as needed till a flawless look was achieved. However the market would not support a price of $150.00 which was still cheap with the amount of labor involved with hand finishing the darts to this level of perfection. The darts we offer now still look great but are all almost completely finish by automated finishing systems. We also now only touch up major flaws. Our darts still look incredible and are a steal at $69.00. You have to keep in mind that even a automated finished level item from us is still better than the best quality item from the majority of anybody else in the marketplace especially in this price range. We have found the predator market to be very soft on pricing and have had to put all of our projects on hold for the time being. I will eventually have allot of items to offer but right now we are still trying to purchase allot more machinery and I need some reasonable, cost effective return on our efforts. I am a huge collector of prop/replicas and purchase them ALL THE TIME and almost always receive allot less of a prop/replica for usually allot more money. The bottom line is you still won't find a better quality custom fan made Predator item for less.....

M

MAG7 Tiger Claw

Thanks for responding back so fast Catowl...... Your the ultimate feline no-doubt..

Do you have a web site we could visit or an online store? I'm sure some of the folks here (especially the folks who acquired the dart) would love to see what else lurks inside the candy store, even if its not Predator related..

OLd PaWs
TiGeR