Predator 25Th Reunion At Monsterpalooza Video Added Pg.3

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
It still amazes me that after speaking with Eliot about this a year ago to see if he had anything planned or wanted to do anything Predator related I'm so glad that he did everyone including us really enjoyed it.
Steve Wang had also posted the video that Carl had made onto his profile as well with this caption

Steve Wang - Creature Creator
For those of you who missed it, here's the 25th anniversary of Predator panel in its entirety courtesy of Carl Toti and the Hunter's Lair. Enjoy!

zealwing

Hunter
Fantastic! thank you Carl and everyone for sharing this with us ! Carl is it possible that Matt Winston and maybe some of the other fsx artists can send the lair the photos that was on the slide to post them on the lair and archive it for reference I'm really hoping one of the members asked about this.

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
Fantastic! thank you Carl and everyone for sharing this with us ! Carl is it possible that Matt Winston and maybe some of the other fsx artists can send the lair the photos that was on the slide to post them on the lair and archive it for reference I'm really hoping one of the members asked about this.
I'm confident that the slideshow will be part of the cut that Matt Winston and his team at Stan Winston School of Character Arts are still working on right now.

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
MONSTERPALOOZA
THE PREDATOR CREW PANEL
From left to right.
Moderator MATT WINSTON,
Artists - DAVE KINDLON, RICHARD LANDON, SHANNON SHEA, STEVE WANG AND MATT ROSE..an amazing presentation at the last Monsterpalooza
*All with their HUNTER'S LAIR trophies! — with Steve Wang and 2 others

Last edited by a moderator:

carlart

Hunter
I'm confident that the slideshow will be part of the cut that Matt Winston and his team at Stan Winston School of Character Arts are still working on right now.
Yes, the slideshow shown during the panel will be incorporated into the final SWS video of the event.
food-smiley-007.gif

pdisc said:
Such a blast...really cant wait for next year.
Couldn't have done this year's trophy presentation without you and Gene, Damon.

carlart

Hunter
*Predator 25th Anniversary Lair Trophy Ceremony Update*

Last Wednesday, I had the honor and privilege of speaking with Alec Gillis, as well as Shane Mahan and John Rosengrant over webcam using Skype. The occasion had been set up by Matt Winston’s brother-in-law Erich who is cooler than cool.

He was present at the trophy ceremony at the end of the Predator panel at Monsterpalooza. He thought the trophies given out personally to the guys on the panel was such a nice gesture, that it should be duplicated somehow for the guys who couldn’t make it that day. Before I left Burbank, he told me he would get back to me.

When he did, he told me he had an idea to set up a Skype conversation with these guys at ADI and Legacy and myself whereby I would be able to thank them on behalf of the Lair for their inspiration with the predator with a token of our appreciation – a cannon trophy each. That’s exactly what we did, with Matt in attendance as well. Erich pulled the cannon trophies from a box off camera to hand to the guys after my little speech. It was a complete surprise to Alec, Shane, and John, their surprised looks and appreciation were something to see. It was especially gratifying to see Alec place his and Tom Woodruff’s cannon (Tom wasn’t there that day) on a shelf next to all the awards ADI had won including several Oscars.

I wish there had been a way to record both conversations so I could share them with you all, but suffice to say the guys all appreciate the Hunters Lair and are humbled at how much their work has inspired us. Those gentlemen really are the salt of the earth.
Thanks again guys!!!!

roninpred

Elite Hunter
Thanks again guys!!!!
No,Thank you Carl and everybody that took part in this event for representing the lair for us as some other members have done in the past. I love seeing how some of you take it above and beyond and put The Hunters Lair name out there ,and thus make us proud of this place and being members of such tight knit community.
and for that we Thank you!

xdmray

Elite Hunter

Last Wednesday, I had the honor and privilege of speaking with Alec Gillis, as well as Shane Mahan and John Rosengrant over webcam using Skype. The occasion had been set up by Matt Winston’s brother-in-law Erich who is cooler than cool.

He was present at the trophy ceremony at the end of the Predator panel at Monsterpalooza. He thought the trophies given out personally to the guys on the panel was such a nice gesture, that it should be duplicated somehow for the guys who couldn’t make it that day. Before I left Burbank, he told me he would get back to me.

When he did, he told me he had an idea to set up a Skype conversation with these guys at ADI and Legacy and myself whereby I would be able to thank them on behalf of the Lair for their inspiration with the predator with a token of our appreciation – a cannon trophy each. That’s exactly what we did, with Matt in attendance as well. Erich pulled the cannon trophies from a box off camera to hand to the guys after my little speech. It was a complete surprise to Alec, Shane, and John, their surprised looks and appreciation were something to see. It was especially gratifying to see Alec place his and Tom Woodruff’s cannon (Tom wasn’t there that day) on a shelf next to all the awards ADI had won including several Oscars.

I wish there had been a way to record both conversations so I could share them with you all, but suffice to say the guys all appreciate the Hunters Lair and are humbled at how much their work has inspired us. Those gentlemen really are the salt of the earth.
Thanks again guys!!!!

that is beyond cool Carl. wow, it is too bad you werent able to record it. glad that you were able to do it though. kudos man.

eaglewood

Hunter
A little off track here but the MP thread was locked-- Estell got the remaining Necklace-- here is what she said :
"Clay, thank you so much for giving me the chance to buy the necklace. It really, truly is beautiful. I fell in love with it the moment I opened the box. The craftsmanship that went into this piece is evident. I can clearly see why Matt Winston, said it would be a family heirloom...the quality is exceptional. I'm pleased beyond words. Thank you. Estelle "

Now I know why Matt was so Jazzed!!! What an honor to have created this piece!!!

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
A little off track here but the MP thread was locked-- Estell got the remaining Necklace-- here is what she said :
"Clay, thank you so much for giving me the chance to buy the necklace. It really, truly is beautiful. I fell in love with it the moment I opened the box. The craftsmanship that went into this piece is evident. I can clearly see why Matt Winston, said it would be a family heirloom...the quality is exceptional. I'm pleased beyond words. Thank you. Estelle "
Now I know why Matt was so Jazzed!!! What an honor to have created this piece!!!
I even have to hand to you Clay that thing was stunningly gorgeous when I saw it not kidding I was like this.
tumblr_liw1imq2TV1qbx538.gif