Predator Blood

N

Nosfearatu

I saw a tutorial some time ago on how to make the green pred blood, anyone still have it?

N

Nosfearatu

Im gonna try to do it digitally first, hope I can show you guys by wednesday.

S

stampedemag

You are going to have to go back in and rotoscope the drops to a green color. Then it will be pretty neat.

K

kithunter

damn for a test that came out pretty cool... a tad brighter and you nail it.

you guys are trip... I really enjoy the fact that some of the fan film creators come here to either showcase or "test the water" on some of your works. not that we're a bunch of know it alls... but it's great to have you share your stuff with us.

excellent

AM

M

MoviesColin

That is why I love locked-down shots.

No tracking.

That's really good, and to be honest I never would of thought of using red blood as a base to create the green glow. I would've just tried to do it all in-computer, which would be MUCH harder.

N

Nosfearatu

stampedemag wrote:
You are going to have to go back in and rotoscope the drops to a green color. Then it will be pretty neat.
Yeah, thats the part that will take the most time, those drops look red but are more brown than red in reality. I use the 'select color' tool in photoshop, so if I select that brown, a lot of little twigs are going to be selected too. It's doable, just takes a lot of time, and I didn't feel like wasting it just for a test shot.

impaiatu

Blooded
I know this thread is old but I have to say how I dicover to do predator blood very simple; last summer I was to fishing and in a night I was thought to broke one of those thing witch are put to the string use to see in the dark if the fish bite!I don't know how to say in english but looks round ,made from plastic tube and comes in various colors!if you know what I'm talking about ...take one of those and broke ,leave the liquid from inside to flow out! you gonna like it!looks exactly like predator blood but in a few minutes is disapear! enjoy
produse_4d084c6a23a799965356bb3592d0328a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jerik22

Blooded
I know this thread is old but I have to say how I dicover to do predator blood very simple; last summer I was to fishing and in a night I was thought to broke one of those thing witch are put to the string use to see in the dark if the fish bite!I don't know how to say in english but looks round ,made from plastic tube and comes in various colors!if you know what I'm talking about ...take one of those and broke ,leave the liquid from inside to flow out! you gonna like it!looks exactly like predator blood but in a few minutes is disapear!:D enjoy
its called a Glow Stick

Last edited by a moderator:

Uratz

Hunter
One End made some good Blood from yellowish greenish Highlighter fluid. I guess u can mix the two and put it in black/UV light and it'll appear like in the movies

impaiatu

Blooded
the liquid from the glow stick appear like in the movie in every situations , even in the day light!:D but not for long time, I think is some kind of phosphorus there!don't know much about chemistry ....!

youngnpred

Blooded
yeah but the glowstick contents is toxic; so watch out!
oh and dont put it on the mask, it may wreck the latex and paint, as i noticed it literally ate through a styrofoam head i had and put the "blood" on

impaiatu

Blooded
yeah but the glowstick contents is toxic; so watch out!
oh and dont put it on the mask, it may wreck the latex and paint, as i noticed it literally ate through a styrofoam head i had and put the "blood" on
thanks youngnpred ,this is really good to know!