Predator Clan Symbols

Discussion in 'General Predator Discussion' started by JAILER1955, Aug 25, 2007.

1. JAILER1955

JAILER1955 Hunter

This is not as exciting as the other topics, but I thought it would be interesting.

We are all aware of the sign of the blooded hunter, the crooked 'T'. What about the rest of us. Why not have all members design their simple and personal sign that marks their name and honor. I have mine designed and will post it soon. Would anyone else like to join me?

Proclaim the mark of your clan, boast your honor!

George

2. Usurper

Usurper Veteran Hunter

i did one a while ago, ill try find a pic of it.

3. rastapred

rastapred Hunter

Here is a thought not sure if it is a good or not.

Since we are all kinda part of a clan (HUNTER LAIR) Why not have a contest to come up with a design representing the Lair that can be worn to symbolize that we are a member of the Lair.

Again just a thought

Randy

4. Macguyver

Macguyver Blooded

That's a really great idea! B)

It'd have to be decided upon by a majority vote though, cuz I doubt there's any one single design ALL of us here will agree on.

5. JAILER1955

JAILER1955 Hunter

I agree with you both. Let's give it a shot.

6. ancientpredator

ancientpredator Hunter

Good idea! B)

7. Mannowar

Mannowar Hunter

A fine idea indeed!

8. Paintninja

Paintninja Blooded

Maybe some variation of a kanji style "H" and "L" or calligraphy B)
    Either way, I'd add it to my bio after a mutual symbol is deceided upon.

9. rastapred

rastapred Hunter

Since I started this topic and had no intention of hijacking Jailer1955 thread I apoligize. I contacted Dan to pretty much get his input and or permission to proceed since this is his site. I am waiting for either a thumbs up or a thumbs down. If its a thumbs up a new topic will be started to begin the contest.

Again I apoligige for hijacking the thread.

Randy

10. Macguyver

Macguyver Blooded

I've wanted to create my own clan symbol for a very long time, but I just never got any further than the "wanted to" step. I did find an amazing source for design inspiration, which I thought may also help a few other members here in coming up w/ their very own Predator Clan/Tribe symbol. I've always wanted to create my own design based off of the types of symbols used by one of my favorite bands, A Perfect Circle. The symbols I'm referring to can be found within any of their album covers, cd inserts, band logo, etc. & are all original designs created by the bands guitarist, Billy Howerdel. I recall he stated in an interview that these designs do not have any specific meaning behind them, because it'd started from drawing random "doodles" he did while in the studio producing TOOL's album "AENIMA".

Anyway, there's some very cool similarities between his designs style & the tribal-like symbols of the Predator. So, if anyone here gets stumped while trying to create a design, check out the images found in the background area of the pic below for some inspiration. I get sort of an artistic block all the time, especially whenever attempting anything like lettering & font designs. So, if the symbols below will help anyone else here out, it means this post was worth the time it took me to type it up! B)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
  11. DangerDavey

DangerDavey Hunter

Here's a quickie idea that anyone is free to extrapolate on...

~DD

LairClanMarking.jpg

12. JAILER1955

JAILER1955 Hunter

DD,
    That is exactly what I was trying to communicate. A symbol that looks like it could be drawn with a claw point, tip of a blade or the bloody nub of an alien finger. something that you would mark your armor with, burn into your flesh, a hand done emblem stating that ' I an Jailer' Well, you could use your own name if you wanted B) ..george

13. Usurper

Usurper Veteran Hunter

Here one i did about 15 months ago, i used it on the midsection armour i made.

i like it for 2 reeasons, 1 looks like a H and L for hunters lair B) and 2 it was my initials the wrong way round L and H :D

this is a pic of the top section of my groin armour.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
  14. Bovine13

Bovine13 Hunter

I like it and I like carvings. I got room on my bio for our clan sign. Everyone.....go!

15. roundhammer

roundhammer Hunter

Here are the symbols of the clans already existing.

clansymbols1ox1.jpg

16. TiaJa

TiaJa Blooded

This is a great Idea...I really like the markings on that 'A Perfect Cirlce' picture :)

17. Swordfish

Swordfish Blooded

I like this idea of the H L being morphed into a bio symbol Im in what ever is agreed upon my bio will have it for sure.......

18. Uhlakk

Uhlakk Hunter

Mee too! But DD's sign is great too! :)

19. Phantom

Phantom Hunter

I agree, lets get a symbol for the HL that we all agree on, it will be marked on my bio/armor as well.

20. TiaJa

TiaJa Blooded

HL Definately :) Everyone vote!

21. rastapred

rastapred Hunter

heres my contribution (kinda tweeked Usurper's design

Randy

pred_items_045.jpg

22. punhulk

punhulk Hunter

I know im a noob but i think that is a awesome idea

23. punhulk

punhulk Hunter

I like it

24. Phantom

Phantom Hunter

I think its cool, any other submissions?

25. Weed Warrior

Weed Warrior Blooded

i want to see more suggestions