Predator colors

Kaelos

Unblooded
Where do most of you get your inspiration for your custom paint jobs on your predator suits? Are they animal inspired, super hero inspired, or what I would love to hear where people get there paint inspirations from.

cacador

Blooded
I don't have a suit but a few days ago I was walking and there was a leaf on the ground with an interesting patter of yellow and red. It was kind of like P2 but I can see how inspiration can come from anywhere. I wanted to keep it but I won't be doing any paint work for a while so I'll look for other things later.

Kaelos

Unblooded
both are cool inspirations. My inspiration is the red spotted newt. I love the red spots and the black spots on it with the white belly and the light to dark green coloration

yoslvr442

Blooded
i am probably going to use my 2 GSDs. One is a light sable and the other is a black sable w/red undercoat.

Elkman

Blooded
I got a lot of inspiration from the comic books, specifically "Predator: Cold War".
spakkpunt.jpg

4966299811_c63f7d2ae9.jpg
DragonCon-09042010-073 by Elkman, on Flickr

As far as my mask paintup went, I went somewhat close to the color scheme from the Classic Predator in Predators, though I still went a lot more yellow since my bodysuit was already pretty yellow:
Classic%20(1).jpg

Pred1.4-006-600.jpg

Actually, I could have gone a little more subtle and a little more irregular with the red spots on top of my mask, but I was under the gun to get stuff done.

Oh, and speaking of that first picture, I'd love to make a multi-spear like that. I just wish I had enough time to work on it.

Cathat

Blooded
Where do most of you get your inspiration for your custom paint jobs on your predator suits? Are they animal inspired, super hero inspired, or what I would love to hear where people get there paint inspirations from.
as skin patterns go, i'm looking at the orignial Predator for inspiration - but with the twist that I'm matching my skins own sublt color pigmentatiion. Its sublte but still creepy. I'll post pics post halloween for sure.

Like most folk here - i'm still furiously working on parts of my latest suit in time for next weekend.

Cathat

WolfsClaw

Unblooded
as skin patterns go, i'm looking at the orignial Predator for inspiration - but with the twist that I'm matching my skins own sublt color pigmentatiion. Its sublte but still creepy. I'll post pics post halloween for sure.

Like most folk here - i'm still furiously working on parts of my latest suit in time for next weekend.

Cathat
my first... suit was based off of P1 with my own lil twist, but my next build is a surprise, something that has yet to be done ! ( well for what ive seen lol ) sooo your just going to have to wait and see lol

TehEl1te

Blooded
Since I have the wolf torso and Mr Black legs... my skins have more of the reptilian/snake-like texture to them... so I went with a more creamy vintage white base color with browns and blacks.