Predator Costume Repair (big pic)

M

MoviesColin

Well, this is basically a whole new costume. My old predator costume sucks crap, and I'm looking to re-do it for Haloween this year. Basically, I have to strip it down of all carboard armor, and make new armor, coloration, mask, helmet, dreadlocks, and features. Maybe it'll be half-decent this time. Here's my design:
Predator_costume_design.jpg

M

MoviesColin

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm off to work on the shoulder piece in a bit, but comments would be appreciated.

B

Brin Londo

That looks like a very cool Pred 1 design. Make sure you do lots of research before you get started.
Good luck.
-Brin

G

Gene Pred

Gene Pred: Where do you live? Maybe we could reduce s/h costs if we live by eachother. Also, I'm going for a custom predator, a mix or P1 and P2 and one of the uncrediteds at the end of P2. I'll post designs soon. Is your Samurai Predator like Mr. Collora's? His is cool!

P

predsniper

On the samurai note, and for 500pt.s and the game "what is the Definition of SAMURAI?"

M

MoviesColin

A Japanese warrior who uses the d.eadly sword for fighting. They were killed off in the 1700's (don't qoute me), and they would always choose Dea.th before Dishonor. Taking their sword or throwing them in jail was Dishonor to them, many times they would simply commit s'uicide.

11.jpg

And the most famous armor design for them:

Last edited by a moderator:
P

predsniper

Your description is correct, however the Definition of the word Samurai is what we want.... My bad for not being specific..... Answer: translated from japanese to english SAMURAI means: to serve.....in specific reference to a warrior. Bonus: what is a Japanese Warrior with no master called???

H

Halo Predator

FYI, but the second Samurai Pic was the basis [basis being used loosely here] of Darth Vader's Helm & Suit.

Meaning, in short, you can have ANY Custom Predator Suit you like, built and designed according to your one or all influences. As long as the basic design is there...you're good to go.

For a great example, checkout Kithunters post on the pics taken in a certain backlot of a certain creator.

Good luck!

Tim.

G

Gene Pred

Well I've just seen Predator 2 again, and I got hyped up about that "hero" pred. They're both fabulous. I'm going to make an AVP movie, and my costume will be the hero guy for Predator 2. The other actor's will be the original predator with modifacations. Two costumes, and the aliens will consist of one Hero Alien suit, and one "Aliens" type suit. Dreads are gonna be nylon ropes cut and painted black. YAY! We'll see just how this will work out. Either I'm Puffing the Magic Dragon or I'm gonna take a lot of time! Wow.

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
The most accurate P2 main armor we've seen yet is made by predmandb. Maybe ask him for some tips.

R

roskk

been lurking about,and thought about doing some influences from a mandalorian suit (jango/boba fett) as well as some hints at clonetrooper and samurai armor on my pred suit