Predator Fangs and Teeth

P

philmar1962

I recently bought a pull mask on ebay and I also have purchased dreads, quills and the neck collar. Does anybody know where I might find some fangs and teeth or if not how I could make some.

Thanks,

Philmar

M

MAG7 Tiger Claw

I think I have the perfect solution to this problem....... Its real simple and one you can do for under $20 bucks... Go to a store like Tap Plastics and buy some Magic Sculpt putty. It's a 2-part compound and gets almost as hard as steel when it air dries. You could make the tusks with this stuff and it is much harder then resin when cured.

PS: When you get the desired results you can use water to smooth out the sculpt. It works real good.

TiGeR

Last edited by a moderator:
P

philmar1962

Thanks! I found their web page and am going to order 5lbs. I will give it a try and include it in my pics.

M

MAG7 Tiger Claw

WOW!

5 Lbs? You must be making some big ass tusks..

You will no doubt find many uses for this wonderful product, i.e., as a filler for models, making stamp impression tools, etc, etc........ It's only limited to your imagination.....

Good luck....

P

pirkleations

Y'know Mag,

I go to Tap Plastics at least once a month(Sometimes even more frrequently) and failed to notice that!! That will teach me for just zeroing in on the latex and Quik-cast!!!
I'll check it out next trip!! Thanks for the tip!!!

DangerDavey

C

carlart

Magic Sculpt---very interesting. Gonna give it a try. In checking the Tap Plastics website I noticed the Quik-Cast 2 gallon kit is $115. I have a source that sells Por a Kast Mark II 2 gallon kits for $85.
www.sunbeltmaterials.com/
carlart

Lairtag.jpg

S

Shataan

"how I could make some."

Do you own a dremel? I am new here, but one of MY talents is carving mini sculptures using a nut called tagua nut. When I get around to doing my Pred feet, that is what I will do the claws out of. Easy to use a dremel to shape either teeth or claws. Then you use a buffing wheel polishing system to polish them to a high sheen.

Tagua nut shapes and finishes JUST like ivory. And as I have a Predator skull almost 1/1 in size, I know that tagua can be found large enough to do almost all the teeth for sure. The nuts after you sand the outer husk off, range from bone white to some darker browns. If you want it darker, you can put some crisco oil in a pot, heat it up and with some tongs, dip the tagua pieces in it and you can make the pieces alot darker.

Not to mention, the nuts are cheap. Here are 3 I did. They are about 2 1/2 inches in length.

xs.to/xs.php?f=Image014.j...44&d=05352

xs.to/xs.php?f=Image013.j...44&d=05352

xs.to/xs.php?f=Image017.j...44&d=05353

If and when the time comes for me to do teeth etc, this is what I am gonna use.

S

Shataan

Thx. I used to think I was somewhat skilled. lol But after coming to THIS site, all I can say after looking at the coolness skillz of you dudes is...

"I`m not worthy! I`m not worthy!!!!

hehhhehhe

N

NibsFlibble

Ya know, David, when we went to Tap Plastics yesterday, I DID point out the Magic Sculpt, which was right next to the Quik-Cast!!!!!!!!

Carlart, I'll check out that site. Tap is a little expensive for resin. I know we got a discount down to $95/gal, but dayyyyum our hobbies are expensive!

C

carlart

Shatan, did you say above that you sand down your nuts?
carlart