Predator feet?

Kryptaos

Blooded
So I made some bases out of some zip-up boots, what should I use to coat them? The boots unfortunately have a lot of extra frills.
IMG_20170901_223918686.jpg

Shogun

Hunter
Kryptaos greetings Yautja! :D Hummmmm you could coat it with Latex......but first i would use "Japan Soft clay"(sold on EBAY) witch is very easy to work with, to do the claws on the tip of your predator toes....THEN i would buy some liquid latex and do the layers "coating"...... ;-) you still have the time to do it since Halloween is in 2 months ...

Kryptaos

Blooded
Kryptaos greetings Yautja! :D Hummmmm you could coat it with Latex......but first i would use "Japan Soft clay"(sold on EBAY) witch is very easy to work with, to do the claws on the tip of your predator toes....THEN i would buy some liquid latex and do the layers "coating"...... ;-) you still have the time to do it since Halloween is in 2 months ...
Is that stuff basically plasticine? Because I have a lot of plasticine at my house that I've never used.

Shogun

Hunter
Kryptaos hello again! :D No this stuff isnt plasticine .... actually it is a synthetic clay witch is VERY light weight.... it comes in a lot of colors. This clay is activated with normal water....hot or cold. IMPORTANT You must absolutely use water with it and not do as i did at first witch is trying to use it without the fluid.... :D cheers!

Kryptaos

Blooded
Thanks! So basically you add water to make it moldable but it dries to a flexible, rubbery consistency that can be painted over? And also, how many packs do you think I will need (the shoes are either size 7 or 7.5 US)

And since the clay is Daiso Japan clay, is it actually sold at Daiso Japan brick-and-mortar stores? There is one not too far from my location.

Shogun

Hunter
Kryptaos HUmmm "is it actually sold at Daiso Japan brick-and-mortar stores?" : very good question .... the answer would be as simple as going there to ask them :D .....How many packs you will need is about 1 or 2 packs because 1 packs will be enough for the feet claws and another pack for other things just in case (y)

Kryptaos

Blooded
Kryptaos HUmmm "is it actually sold at Daiso Japan brick-and-mortar stores?" : very good question .... the answer would be as simple as going there to ask them :D .....How many packs you will need is about 1 or 2 packs because 1 packs will be enough for the feet claws and another pack for other things just in case (y)
I will likely need to cover the entire boot so 1 or 2 packs per foot may not be enough

Shogun

Hunter
Kryptaos very true and one thing you need to know that is REALLY important when you want to use that clay to an item "ALWAYS PUT LATEX AS AN ADHESIVE UNDERNEATH YOUR CLAY'' so the clay stay's on your model.....then you can add clay as you wish....this clay is really cool because it models like plastic and does not need a mold :D

Kryptaos

Blooded
Kryptaos very true and one thing you need to know that is REALLY important when you want to use that clay to an item "ALWAYS PUT LATEX AS AN ADHESIVE UNDERNEATH YOUR CLAY'' so the clay stay's on your model.....then you can add clay as you wish....this clay is really cool because it models like plastic and does not need a mold :D
So liquid Latex, then this clay, then more liquid latex?

Kryptaos

Blooded
Kryptaos yes indeed it stay's flexible when dry.. :D
My mother thinks Daiso soft clay is possibly the same material someone we know used to make these realistic clay flowers out of (the person told us it was a "Japanese soft clay" but didn't tell us the brand, I may ask them eventually) but I'm not sure. The flowers are quite hard and the petals have no flexibility at all, they look like they'd break if under too much pressure so I'm having a hard time believing they are made of Daiso clay. I've personally never worked with the clay so maybe there are certain techniques for certain final stiffnesses but either way these flowers certainly don't look like they are made of a material that's tough and flexible enough for Predator feet. I'm imagining Daiso to dry with a somewhat Sugru-like consistency that these flowers do not have

Last edited:

Shogun

Hunter
Kryptaos LOL please do NOT compare using DAISO soft clay by making PREDATOR and flowers hehehhee OH my god ..... ok let me explain so you can explain it to your loved mother. Flowers are meant to be fragile .... predator is meant to be STRONG..... (y):lol: