Predator feet?

Kryptaos

Blooded
Kryptaos LOL please do NOT compare using DAISO soft clay by making PREDATOR and flowers hehehhee OH my god ..... ok let me explain so you can explain it to your loved mother. Flowers are meant to be fragile .... predator is meant to be STRONG..... (y):lol:
The main point is, are the flowers made out of Daiso clay, yes or no? If the flowers are in fact made of Daiso then I want to know how to keep any Daiso used for the Predator feet soft, strong and flexible so it doesn't turn out fragile like the flowers. I've never used Daiso before ever so I'm doing research before investing in it.

Shogun

Hunter
The main point is, are the flowers made out of Daiso clay, yes or no? If the flowers are in fact made of Daiso then I want to know how to keep any Daiso used for the Predator feet soft, strong and flexible so it doesn't turn out fragile like the flowers. I've never used Daiso before ever so I'm doing research before investing in it.
The answer is no Kryptos......it is not the same clay

Kryptaos

Blooded
The answer is no Kryptos......it is not the same clay
Ah, thank you. I seriously doubted the flowers were made of Daiso but I wanted to double-check that Daiso is what I hope it is before buying a crapload of it for my feet. The person said it was "Japanese soft clay" but they were probably referring to an air-drying Japanese version of this FIMO® Soft Clay I'm hoping the Daiso Japan dollar store has the clay in stock, if not I'll turn to Ebay

Last edited:

Kryptaos

Blooded
The feet as of today, the claws are made of Sculpey and glued on with E-6000. I'll give the claws a "pedicure" (sanding and painting) and then I'll cover the boots with liquid Latex, Daiso and more liquid Latex
IMG_20170905_160342283.jpg

Shogun

Hunter
Kryptaos YES that is what you need!!!!!!! AWESOME Krypt...... You will see that this stuff works pretty good with latex and water.....and it is so light that you can just use it on your Predator costumes without doing molds witch cost many $$$$

Kryptaos

Blooded
Would rubber cement be an acceptable primer for the feet? I have some at home and don't want to blow $17 on a bottle of party store liquid Latex if I don't have to, my only other option would be to order off Amazon and that will take a while to arrive, I want to start ASAP

Vebo1

Hunter
Hey nice work sculpting the feet.I took the easy way out and got a pair of latex lizard feet from spiderman and use that as a base . Then i will use spray foam to shape and regular foam to add the side and back toes .

full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=1505442846.jpg

Last edited:

maladjusted

Unblooded
Thanks! So basically you add water to make it moldable but it dries to a flexible, rubbery consistency that can be painted over? And also, how many packs do you think I will need (the shoes are either size 7 or 7.5 US)

And since the clay is Daiso Japan clay, is it actually sold at Daiso Japan brick-and-mortar stores? There is one not too far from my location.
You're in Japan? Me too...