Predator Head.. In Progress...UPDATED 7/7 New Pics

D

DAVIDYR1

I know...what is going on???
2 posts IN A ROW and it's Predator related...again????

Head is pretty much finished. Needs to be glossed up to look like skin. Some areas more than others...some not at all. Eyes need more detailing too.
The inside mouth needs the tinted silicone skin color and slime, then I can permanently fix the teeth in.
Dreads are individually cast. Dreads have 1 slit on backside so the seam is not visible from the outside. Need to attach another 28 of them...and the quills....again...
I've added the quills twice already but the keep falling out. I'm trying something new this time and hoping third time's the charm.

Hope you like it....another 'spare time project'....

wdread5.jpg

wdread6.jpg

wdread2.jpg

wdread1.jpg

wdread3.jpg

Enjoy!

David

D

drgnfyre4

Amazing as always. I think you would be able to finish that one better if you weren't tripping over the slightly damaged raw pull in the background, let me know if you need my address to get that out of your way...lol.

M

Maverick118

Nice work David. I particualry like the mouth area. Just started trying to paint my elder. Got as far as a whit undercoat and now stumped Oh and you'll be getting that little something we talked about in the next few weeks.

P

PredatoRob

I think that looks awesome. The piece looks fantastic!! I really like the paint work, and I like it the more that I stare at it. Nice one!!!!

D

DAVIDYR1

Thanks guys.
Got the teeth in...a bit more work here and there and he'll be ready to go.
Oh..forgot to say, it's latex skin/foam filled. This particular one is a display ony.

David

K

kithunter

nice stuff comming out of universal,

david
you should talk to Fox about producing these for them for the next round of AVP2 merchandising onslaught,
i think they would be light years better than the stuff they made for AVP1

D

DAVIDYR1

Thanks Andrew...cool of you to say however I'm just a small potato. At least now though I'm back working on some pred stuff.

Few more pics..and yes, he's missing a tooth.
Finishing the mouth goo...adding the teeth...not yet fully stained. Too much Colgate for this guy...need to lay off the tooth brush a bit more I think..LOL
The translucent finish in the mouth really worked wonders so I cant wait to do something similar to the rest of the head.

cipd.jpg

2006_0707wteeth0003.jpg

2006_0707wteeth0007.jpg

Getting there.
Want this guy done by the weekend. Still need to add the rest of the dreads though.

Enjoy!
David

K

kithunter

will you be adding a coat of clear coat to bring out some shine? or is the matte finish the one your shooting for?

either way i like. oh and dude i just noticed....he is missing a tooth

D

DAVIDYR1

Yup. Going to gloss him up once he's totally finished. Once glossed up I cant glue anything else down so all that needs to be done first.
My mistake with this headpiece is thinking it could be done in my spare time...yea, right...there is so much going into these stupid Pred heads that time really becomes a factor in completing them.
Been too long away from Predator stuff I have, yes....that's my best yoda jedi voice BTW.

Missing a tooth? I hadn't noticed..

David