Predator head sculpting base?

P

Petedator

Hi!
Could you help me, I´d like to sculpt predator 2 head in 1:1 scale but what could be the size of the stone bust that´s going to be the steady base for the head, do you use any specific measurements?

-Greetings from Finland-

Pete R.

T

The Big Gunns

A stone bust is going to be really expensive to ship. Check out this bust.. its made of polyfoam and very light weight.

~Mel
Monster Makers

P

Petedator

Actually I already have my block of stone, so now I need some measurement info about the size I should cut and carve it into.

Greetings from Finland

Petri R.

P

PredatoRob

I don't know what to tell you man. Unless you know someone who's 7'2.5" tall, you've got a long, hard road ahead of you. I really don't know if anyone took measurements of Kevin Peter Halls' head lifecast. I am sure there are people out there that own the lifecasts, but I doubt they'd give out any measurements. Kind of an odd request.

I'd start off by sculpting something that's scaled towards you. If you're sculpting a mask to wear, a 1:1 scaled headpiece will look rediculous. Unless you, yourself happen to be over 7' tall.

S

Savage Yautja

Measure your own head for reference. At least this way you have an accurate source.