Predator head sculpting?

P

Petedator

Hi!
I´d really like to sculpt a 1:1 scale predator head, but I have only 2 problems. If anyone could help me , that would be great.I´m thinking of sculpting the pred.2 head.

1. how big is the predator´s head? What have you used as a frame for the head?

2. What is the best clay type?

Greetings from Finland

Pete Ryhänen

S

Supreme Hunter

1. A oil based clay will work the best because it doesnt dry out like water based clay. I would go with Roma Plastilina, but it is expensive if your looking for cheaper clay I would search google to find out a recipe.
2. For the size, I would get a armature (some kind of solid head with neck and a lil bit below the neck area) to sculp on top of this will give u a good generalization on the size, and will save a bunch of clay.
Hope this helps even a little bit I have only been here for bout 8 months, if I'm wrong in the slightest way one of the ELDERS (lol) will chime in. And it might save them the time to do other things so glad to help if its help at all.

Chris

P

pirkleations

Welcome Petedator!

Be sure to look everywhere on the forum. There's tons of info to be found in the Tutorials on how to sculpt everyone's favorite hunter.

There are also a couple of threads that take you from the beginning of a head sculpt to the mold-making process.

This section(Skulls and Skins) is the idea place to dig for information on bringing your vision to life.

Look around. Feel free to ask more questions. And be sure to stay a while.

DangerDavey

P

Petedator

Hi!

Here´s my latest sculpt. It´s my P2 mini bust but only the rough form is ready. The next step is to take a resin cast of the model and continue sculpting. the model is 10 centimeters tall. Let me know what you think of it.

-Pete R.-

preda15vy.th.jpg

preda23rx.th.jpg

P

pirkleations

Very cool stylization!!

Almost has an Aeon Flux look to it.

Great job so far!!

DangerDavey