predator model paintjob

T

ta2pro

my name is joe and i'm so new to this whole forum thing.i've been an illustrator/artist my whole life.i own a sucessful tattoo studio here in col,ohio.i've been painting models/lifesize busts for almost 13 yrs now.after my divorce i thought i'd never paint again,or at least from a hobby view.then a few wks ago i got the bug to not only buy and build this pred,but call upon one of the members here(ron moore) and make a full pred suit for halloween and simply the art of creating.i've bought a few things from ebay,yes.but i am hoping w/all my heart that nice,honest people on here can help me piece one together before halloween.i know about the whole recasting thing and thats not my gig here.i collect,not replicate.i create,not steal,originality for my own glory.i respect all peoples ideas,even if they're not the best out there.this is a brief show of my paint ability.i know there is no netting on here,i know the cannon is not in the craddle,i know-i know.this was just for fun,like i said.this is all from memory and no pic ref.i painted so many yrs ago it's kinda burned into memory,lol.also i'd be happy to share paint tips/tricks w/other members on here or be a paint service if you or others don't have the time or patience.ty for letting me be a member here and i hope to meet a lot of talented sculptors/painters and make a incredible costume like i've seen on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Mortal Immortal

DSC01516.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

DSC01511.jpg

DSC01510.jpg

DSC01509.jpg

DSC01508.jpg

DSC01507.jpg

DSC01506.jpg

DSC01505.jpg

Nice Work I thought I would help you out on posting pictures.

W

waynes manners

Joe, that is one helluva nice job, from the skintones to the veining in the mouth to the weathered armor. Just outstanding!
I'm glad Scott posted them for you because the links showed as no longer available!
You might want to check out and register with
www.theclubhouse1.net

It's a model site , a great place to showcase your work, ask questions, answer questions, .......just get into the hobby again and almost all of the model pros are members there too.

Shawn

I

inkdoctor

hi joe nice job i have that same kit along with several others. im also a tattoo artist in michigian. and for some reason you look very firmiluar did you go to the motor city tattoo expo this year? glad to see another predator fan joining the ranks.

K

kithunter

I big Welcome to ya....thanks for sharing your work with us here.

i agree with all the members so far in the quality of your work. it's top notch A#1...

again welcome and please feel free to chime into any topics on the forum...your input would be appreciated

See.....I can be nice.

Andrew

P

PredatoRob

That's some awesome paint work there!! With skills like that be ready for tons of questions. Hahaha.

There's nothing wrong with it not being movie-accurate. There's more custom and original works around here than screen accurate. Besides, we're not as uptight as other forums when it comes to screen-accuracy anyways.

Welcome aboard man, I look forward to seeing more of your works in the future. Good luck with the suit building!!

T

ta2pro

hi shawn.ty for the advice,but i'm not here to display model abilities.i've won tons of awards and been in mags and that is my past glory days.i'm here to get together a pred suit before halloween and was displaying my ability to paint to show my seriousness in piecing one together.i know there are people that would steal other peoples thoughts and equip just to make a quick buck,but i just need to find all the pieces to make a suit.ty again for the heads up though.

T

ta2pro

hi.i'd be glad to help/assist w/any buildup/tutorial steps that i can provide.i bought from prim-prim before.i recieved my kit in a timely fashion and was satisfied w/casting overall.i realize that coming from eastern parts these might/probably are recasts but can't point fingers till proven guilty.i bought the lifesize kong bust and have no idea if it is because of not seeing an original to compare to.but an experienced modeler overlooks all probs just to see the clarity in the end.let me know if i can help in anyway.

T

ta2pro

you can hobbs.i slit my left thumb wide open on the first kit i did because i read the instructions!like i said,i'm glad noone is screen accurate hungry and has fun replicating something that means a lot to the fan.just do what is in your heart to paint and let noone tell you it needs to be better.only you needs to know what makes a paintjob better.i hate to drag yet another sci-fi into this,but...."do or do not-there is no try".cheers!!

T

ta2pro

ty frank thing.it's an extremely easy trick(it's all airbrush) w/an awesome result.this can be done on lifesize armour also.be glad to give ya' the tip.

F

frank thing

I dont own a air brush unfortunatley but thanks for the advise.

S

Savage Yautja

Hey Joe! Mark here, Glad to see you around. Great work on the model. Looks like you've got loads of skills to share with us. Glad to have you here.