Predator Moto Bike Project (PMBP) Updated Aug 24 20017 (Pics+video)

Discussion in 'Predator Props' started by Jmen, Mar 24, 2015.

1. ace

ace Unblooded

Actually foam and wood

2. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

yap, it can works. i like to work with paper. foam is too difficult for me. )))
    by the way - sunday or monday - it will be new UPDATE in my project. it will be Dashboard. it's ready)

Wreav likes this.
  3. ace

ace Unblooded

I got the idea of using wood for the most detailed of pieces and of course clay to blend it together. Bulsa wood it's thinner than plywood

4. ace

ace Unblooded

Oh nah man, how much experience do you have with foam. It takes a little practice that's all

5. ace

ace Unblooded

Just keep practicing and you'll get it.))

6. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

i have no expirience with foam))) 2-3 times try. its not mine))

Wreav likes this.
  7. ace

ace Unblooded

))))that's okay man don't give up

8. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Hello again)
    here some new photos of my dashboard. it is not finished yet, but i want to share with you. i am happy, and want to show you reason of it))) enjoy.
    This is back board. i clean it, drill holes and paint it.
    Фото-0379.jpg Фото-0375.jpg Фото-0378.jpg
    than i make my dashboard in Corel and cut it in plotter. here is result
    Фото-0334.jpg Фото-0336.jpg Фото-0337.jpg
    and here, what we got in progress
    Фото-0373.jpg Фото-0358.jpg Фото-0364.jpg Фото-0367.jpg
    next step - make a lights inside, connect all buttons and leds, include turn-lights.
    So, to be continued)))

9. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Here some new pictures, i made it today and want to share it)) here is the sandwich - 1mm plastic-oracal-paint-4mm plastic-1mmplastic(i will cut it out and glue tomorrow). a am happy of result.
    Фото-0380.jpg Фото-0375.jpg Фото-0376.jpg Фото-0377.jpg Фото-0378.jpg Фото-0379.jpg

next step - finished dashboard.... i am tired....

LunaticNic likes this.
  10. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Awesome work so far!

11. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

THNX))) Hope it will be great in finish)))

12. ace

ace Unblooded

Dude that is epic!!!

13. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

:)THX)))
    Tomorrow will be update with dashboard)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  14. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

i promised update - and i made it) enjoy new photos of my dashboard. it almost finished. last step of building dashboard - make light inside, turn-leds, and put back all devices.
    Фото-0410.jpg Фото-0411.jpg Фото-0412.jpg Фото-0407.jpg

and here some macro pictures)
    Фото-0418.jpg Фото-0416.jpg Фото-0417.jpg

Season for comments is OPEN.

15. Rodewaryer

Rodewaryer Young Blood

It's not exactly a Predator, but thought these pics could be helpful or motivating, or make you gag? Just thought I'd share them. Your project looks a lot more promising, without giving the creator of the Terminator bike too much grief...took these at a local car show in Phoenix...

tFa0OW.jpg
    QhL0VP.jpg

Jmen likes this.
  16. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Thnx)))
    This project (your pictures) has his own style. it looks complete and quality of details and paint job is amazing. and problem of my own project - i working on it with nobody's help. it's hard to make super quality with 2 hands. i need 1 more... maybe 1,5:D

17. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Hi there. Here is results of my experiment for today. here is the deal: i try to make some grid effect on piece of plastic. i have some difference between my 2d picture and real bike, you can see it in the picture:
    vs2.jpg
    you can see, it looks not very nice. i think it will be better if i make an aerography on this frame parts. today i made some example and here is it:
    Фото-0441.jpg Фото-0442.jpg Фото-0443.jpg Фото-0444.jpg Фото-0445.jpg Фото-0446.jpg Фото-0447.jpg
    what do you think about it? should i paint frame parts like this, or maybe someone can give another advice about it.
    p.s. if someone can make a picture in photoshop or so(join texture to picture), i will appreciate it.
    p.s.s. Happy Independence Day, USA!

18. Rodewaryer

Rodewaryer Young Blood

Not trying to be a downer but as good as this is looking, it would look better with real depth, like real netting. Having said that though, I'm not sure how you'd do it. It wouldn't be any good loose like real netting on a body, it would have to be rigid somehow.

Jmen likes this.
  19. Rodewaryer

Rodewaryer Young Blood

Oh, and I appreciate the 4th of July thoughts :)

20. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Hmmm. interesting way, but i'm not sure now. i want just paint frame parts. real grid will be on the back, we call it "spider". like this
    DS110211-500x500.jpg

21. Looking crazy cool. Keep it up!

22. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Thank you))) Trying to do the best i can)

23. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Ok, lets see what we have today.
    when i start this project, i knew my dashboard will be a pain in the ass. and here is it... in my prototype dashboard is too big for this faceplate. but i physically can't make it smaller. so, i decided to cut some piece of pred head. here how its look like:
    Фото-0452.jpg
    you can see a pencil line, which is a cut line.
    i take a template which i use in the gas tank and cut out one piece. here is result.
    Фото-0454.jpg Фото-0453.jpg
    as you can see - its a piece of shit... so I NEED YOUR HELP, GUYS! I need to change a cut line, but i don't know how. if you have an idea - share it, please. I do not want to spoil it completely. wait for a comment.

Cheers, Jmen.

24. Rodewaryer

Rodewaryer Young Blood

I'd make a suggestion if I understood completely. It is still in draft form clearly but I am not following on what you need regarding this cut. I don't think it looks so bad. Is this regarding the lower section?

25. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

lower section is almost perfect, i think. i need to cut it out, because dashboard is too big. its bad angle on photo, but here is a problem:
    Фото-0459.jpg
    only cutted this piece i can see my dashboard. but i don't like line of cut. it looks weird. (when you look from front)