PREDATOR P1 PAINTUP TUTORIAL-FINALLY!!!

ta2pro

Hunter
ok guys,here goes.this is an "attempt",so please bear w/me.if i skip steps,or omit,just pm me.ill try to answer them.
this is a steve wang P1 that id bought from biohunter(ty casey).

(1st)cover entire area w/liquitex bleached titanium mixed w/1/5 prosaide and 2/5ths water.let dry.
DSC02621.jpg

DSC02621.jpg

(2nd)light mist patterns of createx transparent sand.when i do my patterns,a lot of it r tight "swirls" and not "spot" patterns till later.b liberal whereever/however u want-its YOUR predator!there is no right/wrong here folks-just fun!
DSC02626.jpg

DSC02627.jpg

(3rd)light layers of createx light brow.slowlydoing the crown,cheek area.
DSC02631.jpg

(4th)this is where it starts to look cool-iron oxide red!doing,now,the "spots"start from the crown towards thr front-large,then small.
DSC02634.jpg

DSC02633.jpg

(5th)using createx transparent dk brown.hit the crown/cheeks hard.what is so cool about this stuff,is when u get too close and cause it to "fisheye"?it causes a transparent "mottled" look.try doing this in different areas to createx realitic reptile effects!
(6th)the best-black!using faskolor black i do whatelse-the spots.yes,the spots.this is entirely up to u at this point.go average or go heavy.seems the more dots u create,the more people think your good-not so.its the layers and convincing patterns that r effective.not how tight u r w/an airbush.also do viening,spots,whatever marks w/this color.
DSC02635.jpg

DSC02636.jpg

DSC02637.jpg

DSC02639.jpg

(7th)the mouth.basically,used a coral as base and misted the transparent brown while lining the veins.no tricks here.and teeth...well,do whatever.
(8th)ooops...forgot to gloss

now the best part......
this only took 2hrs to paint.....start to finish.
this is for sale at $300 shipped anywhere is u.s.

ScottAS

Hunter
2 Hrs!what did you stop for a coffee brake! Great job. The inside of the mouth always seems to be the hardest to get right. Yours looks great. :rolleyes:

Mannowar

Hunter
Thank you SO much!!! I'm going to have to drag out the old Rubies mask to practice on... Would you use the same technique on a skin (i.e. titanium,prosiade, water mix) or would you prosaide entire skin first as some do? And if using the same technique, is the mix ratio the same, since the suit bend more than the mask?

Thanks again!
Scott

DangerDavey

Hunter
One of the most Pred-a-licious tutorials I have ever seen from one of the best artists out there!!

Thanks for the step-by-step, Joe!!!

~DD

Xterminatus

Blooded
Hia

i know this is a thread from waaay back but i really like to ask a quick question about it.

Did you only mix prosaide with the first layer of paint ( the bleached titanium part ? )
i really like that mask do any of you know who makes and sells them ?

Kind Regards
Jimmy

roninpred

Elite Hunter
the mask is a steve wang/rosengrant mask and I believe biohunter76 is the one that makes it .
Casey do you still have the molds for this mask?

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
I think there's a few of these molds floating around. I know Ruffkintoy has one, which he got from Inkmonster, who got it from Eric Snyder. I know DB used to sell them as well.