Predator related 3D art

J

JDboy7

Most people don't know that I am into 3D modeling somewhat. Well, back when the AVP previews were first being shown I got my first glimpse at the shuriken. It had inspired me to create a version of my own in Lightwave at the time. This render is also featured on Newtek's customer gallery. I was flattered that it was considered good enough to be accepted into it. I think I made this last year sometime. Anyway, here is the pic:

site1098.jpg

P

PredatrHuntr

...thats awesome JD~! I'd like to see some of your other 3d work...

M

MAG7 Tiger Claw

That is some serious talent you have there JD.

Quite frankly, your is much more believable then those presented in the film...

TiGeR

J

JDboy7

Thanks for the compliments all. It is just a minor hobby for me anymore. Pred stuff is my #1 passion.

C

carlart

That's simply awesome Jon. Looks like 3D art should NOT be just a hobby for you. For me, it's part of my repertoire of various rendering methods using 2D and 3D software earning a living as a designer. My 3D weapon of choice is Form Z, which is not as well known as Lightwave. With it, and Photoshop of course, I came up with this little beauty which got published in a software newsletter recently. What a bitch creating that Aztec pattern in Photoshop so I could map it to the hull!

carlart
U.jpg