Predator Shuriken Exploded View?

terranewf

Unblooded
Really love the shuriken design by Vinman, but was wondering if anyone has any photos of the shuriken disassembled. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just finishing up a life size T-800 endo and want to move on to building the shuriken. Thanks.

spgfx

Hunter
Why are you looking for a Shurilen "disassembled" ? I know that a few kits come "disassembled" to make production and shipping easier. Are you looking for to create a multi piece Shurilen that you can take apart ?

TRI LASER

Hunter
Found these pics of resin kits, Not great pics tbh disassembled but full painted ones are good enough for refrence I think. One is fan made the other is sideshow cast from the film one.

shuriken_parts.jpg
shuriken_blade_parts.jpg
zuby-shur-1.jpg
avp-2.jpg
2949_press04-001.jpg
2949_press06-001.jpg
2949_press03-001.jpg
2949_press05-001.jpg

Last edited:

spgfx

Hunter
I have never seen an actual breakdown of a Shuriken into its individual working components. As far as I understand there are only 2 actual movie props. One open and one closed, the actual movement is CGI. I'm thinking you would have to create the individual components based on pictures and working mechanical engineering thought. If your interested I have a breakdown in Corel draw , so I could cut the individual piece from wood. I'm interested to see how this progresses .

terranewf

Unblooded
I was thinking about doing one with pvc sheets. It's what I used to make my T-800, and it turned out ok. I just want to make a replica shuriken without retractable blades, so the pictures posted here will be a big help. Thank you very much.

spgfx

Hunter
I've made a posted a few shurikens on the predatorium. All were made from 1/4 laser cut MDF. I'm currently working out the bugs on a mold I made from my last build. Let me know if you need an hi res reference pics or breakdowns.

I'm interested to see how your comes out.