Predator vision, no not a new cable show :)

ragacin

Unblooded
Let's assume the Yautja are real creatures for a moment. For the longest time, it seemed to me that the Yautja vision was severely limited and was not condusive to creating, maintaining etc technologies. So I was under the impression, like others, that the Preds stole their tech or found it or what have you, since their vision seemed so poor. But I had read a discussion where one of the poster made a lot of sense. For one, what we saw on the screen is a very simplied and "artistic" interpretation and the Yautja have a very sophiticated vision based on infra red and heat. The poster stated that every single thing has a heat signature and can be easily discerned from other objects around it, if your sensativity to those this is very well tuned. So Pred eyes work a lot like ours where we see light reflected from objects, they see it in thermal terms. That allows for a large degree of techological sophistication because they could see things a human engineer would not be able to without help.
Any other theories or expansions?

Faken

Hunter
Or they simply have trouble seeing on other worlds that don't have the exact ambient air/gas composition as their home planet, thus have "blurred" vision. That's how I've always looked at it, but maybe the books delve more on the subject.

Dan