Predators Predator Berserker Prototype Biomask

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Had a chance a few months ago to acquire a KNB prototype for the Berserker mask seen in PREDATORS. I have not been the biggest fan of the Berserker mask (although it is growing on me) because I always felt that the jawbone looked a little bit cartoonish. However, the prototype mask had a very different jawbone that I actually liked a lot better!

The mask is a very thick, solid resin copy. Here is how it looked when it arrived.

predators-berserker-prototype-mask-01.jpg

As you can see, there were a few issues; one damaged spot and a number of big airbubbles, primarily at the top of the teeth and at the back of the jawbone. I sent this helmet off to a trusted prop restoration company and they fixed all the issues.

predators-berserker-prototype-mask-02.jpg

predators-berserker-prototype-mask-03.jpg

predators-berserker-prototype-mask-04.jpg

The helmet was thin given a thin coat of primer so it looked consistent.

predator-prototype-01.jpg

predator-prototype-02.jpg

predator-prototype-03.jpg

predator-prototype-04.jpg

predator-prototype-05.jpg

predator-prototype-06.jpg

Here is the first casting of the helmet, created in a color that is very similar to the mask color of the original helmets.

predator-prototype-07.jpg

predator-berserker-prototype-01.jpg

predator-berserker-prototype-02.jpg

predator-berserker-prototype-03.jpg

predator-berserker-prototype-04.jpg

Overall, I am super happy with how this turned out and now want to see one painted up and completed!

Last edited:

Scorylo

Unblooded
Looking really nice. I like the jaw, i've seen helmets with bigger ones and they looked rather silly. This one is perfect.