PredtrHuntr's Sketches - Works In Progress

P

PredatrHuntr

Most of my drawings are based on the DB P1 head that I have. Everytime I look at it from a different angle I want to draw it, so I have a few different ones on the go.

I try to scan or take a picture of my drawings at different intervals to improve myself.

Here are a few of the one I have been working on the past few weeks:

DanielBravo_P1_0002.jpg

These were colored by other people:

DanielBravo_P1_Colored_01.jpg

DanielBravo_P1_COLORED_02.jpg

I wanted to do an open mouth version, but it didn't come out as nice as the close mouth did.

And the open mouth:

DanielBravo_P1_21_001.jpg

DanielBravo_P1_21_002.jpg

DanielBravo_P1_21_003.jpg

DanielBravo_P1_21_004.jpg

DanielBravo_P1_21_005.jpg

Here is the closed mouth version:

DanielBravo_P1_21_006.jpg

The next one is based on Rob's new IZO design. I asked him if it was ok to draw it and said yes, so here's the pics:

First, here is his pic blown up a bit. Rob, you put so much detail into your work that I had to zoom in to take it all in!

PredatoRob_Izo_Closeup.jpg

I changed it a little bit, but the main concept is the same:

PredatorRob_IZO_02.jpg

Here is one in the beginning stages:

DanielBravo_P1_31.jpg

S

Supreme Hunter

alls i got to say is awesome sketches and keep up the great work cant wait to see more.

-Chris

J

JAILER1955

I think that they are super. You really do justice to the P1. Keep it up. Why don't you draw one and add something from the dark, deep recesses of your mind to make him/her your own predator?

CYA
George

J

JAILER1955

I was enjoying myself, what happened to the last 5 pictures?

S

Savage Yautja

I really like the shading,lighting and coring of the third one from the top. Excellet work. it's cool to see how you make progress from picture to picture.

T

The Big Gunns

I like your style of drawing.. you've got some skills! Thanks for posting the evolution shots.

~Mel

T

The Xcalibor

Wow jason, u got skillz brutha. Looks darn good. I like some of your bio designs, i may have to try one out!

KEITH

P

PredatrHuntr

Feel free Keith...

Thanks for the compliments everyone...

P

PredatrHuntr

Here are some Bio designs I have been working on. They are based on the P2 with some alterations.

P2_Bios_Oct_2006_01.jpg
P2_Bios_Oct_2006_02.jpg

P2_Bios_Oct_2006_04.jpg
P2_Bios_Oct_2006_03.jpg

P2_Bios_Oct_2006_05.jpg
P2_Bios_Oct_2006_06.jpg

P

PredatrHuntr

It's hard to see, but I tried to give the armor a worn look. Here's a close up:

Predator_Standing_105.jpg

P

PredatrHuntr

I wanted to try photomanipulation to see if I could do it.

I found this cool pose:

PredAttack_00001.jpg

I wanted to change it into something different, so I started adding parts from other pictures. It's like some sort of Predator-Frankenstein!

PredAttack_0001.jpg

I couldn't decide on closed or open mouth, so I did both:

PredAttack_001.jpg

PredAttack_002.jpg

...what do you think?

P

PredatrHuntr

Brunob over at concept art put some wicked color into my line art. Check out the shoulder canon...still glowing hot from the last blast!

Predator_Standing_Color_01.jpg

J

JAILER1955

I am soo very impressed. For real!

But one thing that I want to get straight. You shall cease posting photos and any comment that relect on an artist haveing a clean and neat drawing area. It is false and misleading. A desk without stuff on it is a sad waste of a desk. I mean that true talent doesn't need the fancy stuff. Like a blending stump, to blend your graphite or charcoal, is totally unneccessary. I just grab the cat as it passes by and rub it across the drawing, does the same thing at a fraction of the price, not counting band-aids.

I really do enjoy seeing your art and I love the coloring that your friend did. Wow! It's a shame he's not near me, I'd put him to work.

Keep it up.

George

T

The Hopkinator

Man those are some mad pencil skills bro. Thats like Mel on paper.

P

PredatrHuntr

Thanks for the kind words guys...

I have been drawing P1 stuff for the past while so that I can have all the features and details memorized in my head. Then I might actually branch out and draw something never done before, but the only problem with that is that I really only like 2 Predators...P1 and the Elder.

I don't like the P2 head because it reminds me of the abdomen of a spider and I hate spiders. I even have a hard time looking at the P1 because the mandibles are very insect-like, but they also look very cool!

Its odd to be afraid of something AND to admire it at the same time...

I love everything about the P1, and I will continune to draw it until I have exhausted my desire to do so...