progress of p1 suit

P

PredatrHuntr

Damn that looks awesome...cant wait to see you peice it all together and wearing it...

I

inkdoctor

that suit pretty much speaks for itself. im blown away by your talent that is one of the best paint jobs ive seen so far. what colors did you use on the armor? the weathering is fantastic.

M

MEANGENE83

DUDE YOUR SUIT LOOKS KILLER!!!!!

I got a set of gauntlets for you and a set of shins. the gauntlets need to air dry before they go in a box so they dont get mis-shaped.

T

ta2pro

hey ink.the armor is sooooo easy to recreate!(1)use model master gloss black enamel(spraycan-the better of the 2).(2)use alclaad alluminum,or chrome(brighter look)w/airbrush psi at 5-10 lbs.u can get this at most hobby shops for $8.if not,order online or ebay.this is basically particle metal alloys in water(?).so it will spider too heavy if any higher psi is used.then use createx transparent dk brown for rust then createx opaque black for deeper shades.u may also use a hunter/forest green mixed in the brown for an "organic" feel.hit me up for any other tips.

oh,ty much gene!i spoke w/carl tonight bout his cannon i ordered.great guy.ty again gene!

I

inkdoctor

thank you so much for the painting tips tat2pro. i actually just bought most of those paints the other day. your armor definatly has a nice look to it. most people seem to just paint there predator 1 armor with a silver and in the film there was nothing shinny or metalic looking about it. it looked like it was mostly greens and browns allmost a camo effect. oh and your gonna love your cannon from carl hes a great guy and his work is top shelf.

T

ta2pro

get a load of this!in a moments split sec,i walked by my pred head and wondered how i'd find time to make quills?then it hit me-toothpicks!yep-check em'out!they fit perfect in the holes like they were meant for them.i just broke them in half,painted black,cut diagonal w/scissors and glued.and remember,i painted the bio last night,did the quills tonight at 8 then painted the gremlin@9.whew!and i'll have more suit pics tomorrow night!

DSC01918.jpg

DSC01922.jpg

DSC01923.jpg

P

PredatrHuntr

Toothpicks huh? Thats using your noodle! Hurry up and post the whole suit with you wearing it!

T

ta2pro

DSC01942.jpg
finished gauntlet/blade retractor(?,lol),top lid on left gauntlet and cannon/mount-all in 1 night!i'm loosing it over here to get this finished.i crank it all out in a night?would of had the dreads done but ran outta primer.those r a pain.noone told me they'd solid through?did a new paint formula for a darker weathered look.let me know thoughts?but check out the mirror like finish on those nasty blades from seahunter-schweeeeet!

DSC01936-1.jpg

DSC01937.jpg

DSC01939.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

DSC01938.jpg

DSC01943.jpg

DSC01941.jpg

will add more as soon as the rest of it gets here!

T

The Mortal Immortal

Now those are some freaking sweet looking blades. Now that how they are supposed to look.

S

Supreme Hunter

Hey Ta2pro good thinking on using the toothpicks its exactly what I used to mark the holes for my upcoming mask. The sad thing about it is, have you test fitted the bio with the toothpicks in? If not then you need to because I'm not sure what they will do unlike the sculpt and bake quills where the can bend when there done. I dunno its just a suggestion to see it the bio fits over the quills.

-Chris

P

pirkleations

Looking good!!

Nice paint work on the gaunt and cannon/mount, too!!

Gawd!! I haven't seen one of my Prototype P1 Cannons in forever!!! My second one, the Pirk-1, sculpted up so much better!!

I noticed that it was not cleaned up and trimmed before painting. I see a lot of goobers that usually get cleaned up prior to finishing. The PVC pipe end is usually trimmed off as well. I'm kinda picky about stuff like that and wanted to point it out to you.

Hey! If it's signed and numbered, you've got a real collector's item there!!! :eek:)

Where'd you get ahold of it, if I may ask?

~DangerDavey

S

Shataan

Holy crap!!!! Finally, I get to see those blades on a bladegaunt. Too sweet. Awesome paintjob too. Can`t wait to see more peeps turn to the AVP Accurate blade Dark Side. Someday I too will have a set. ;0)

T

ta2pro

hey pirk.yeah,it was cleaned up.my friend pinted out the tip of the cannon to dremel off-im on that.will have blue led for plasma effect here soon.its part of the db suit i got?

T

ta2pro

freind and i were messing around tonight w/the suit,wanting to put the suit on to see progress.heres a lot but the armor not attatched yet,or dreads(waiting)or gaunts(still waiting).i had 2 hold on to the blades,lol.gotta attatch cannon,tubing,skulls.

DSC01945.jpg

DSC01944.jpg

DSC01949.jpg

DSC01947.jpg

DSC01948.jpg

DSC01957.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

DSC01956.jpg

I

inkdoctor

i said it before and i'll say it again your stuff kicks some major butt. very impressed with your painting skills the suit and the armor look amazing.