progress on homemade Pred armor and suit.

T

Trowa Strife

Here is what i have so far, a working retractable gauntlet with wristblades made of Stainless steel, sheet metal, homemade chainmail from 7g electric fencing wire, and paint ^^
imag01031rk.jpg
imag01021nw.jpg

Here is a Wired mesh and paper Mache mask im making with ropes for dreads. The mask is FAR from finished. There is no store nearby with Baker rod, so i couldnt get any of that, so i had to make do.

imag00997lo.jpg
imag01048sc.jpg

Please comment ^^

P

pirkleations

Not too bad a start!!

And you are already ahead of some of us by having a gauntlet with retractable blades.

Like Andrew/Kit says, make sure you check out the whole forum here, including stuff from as far back as the topics go. There are tons of tutorials on different parts of the Predator costume. Enough to help you build a full suit on your own.

You can get a lot of great ideas for making a great suit on a budget that would beat having to spend $1,500-$3,000 on a full suit. Get to know some of the costumers here. Ther's a wealth of experience to draw upon with time and patience.

If you are pressed for time, do watch EBay for the costume pieces or suits. Some of us here have assembled our suits using many different sources. Doing that also creates our own unique hunter as well.

Keep pushing on your own construction of costume pieces as well. Original work is greatly appreciated here.

Welcome to the Hutner's Lair!

DangerDavey

B

blk n blu dream

It helps to resize the pictures, otherwise you can only see a small section at a time instead of the whole picture.

As far as I can tell you are going good though.

kriker

Blooded
That's looking pretty sweet so far.. I know I'm not exactly the most knowing for this kind of stuff but for the wristblades a good addition would be to shape it a bit more... I'm not sure if you've done it out of metal or resin but shaping the blades can completly change the effect. I browsed for a picture before replying so I could give an example ^^

gauntletblade1.gif

Hope I helped stating the obvious ^^

Macguyver

Blooded
Looks like you're off to a good start!!!

You mentioned trouble finding backer rod for dreads. Check out this link to the DoItBest website, it eluded me for a long time since they refer to it as "filler rope", but it's the only place I know that offers them black in color. Also, they'll ship it anywhere!

DoItBest.com

Polygon

Blooded
Depends on what kind of quality you're going for- if you want something that looks more like the movie and much more realistic, I'd recommend buying your mask and gauntlets off the forum and painting them up. If you're satisfied with the home made look, that's fine...