Promo Costumes for Ubisoft. Pic Intense.

DAVIDYR1

Hunter
This was made for Ubisoft. Promo costume/s for a new game they're getting ready to launch.

From the time we received the artwork, we had less than 2 months to complete the costume from scratch. This also meant a whole new life cast had to be made to accommodate the size needed for the suit.
We delivered the first one to them last month, but weren't authorized to show anything publicly until now.

The suit is a 2 piece rubber suit, with the fabric areas meant to look like an undersuit all sculpted in as a whole.

Sculpted in Chavant NSP Soft...The fabric straps and plastic buckles were left in the sculpture and molded in. You'll see how that worked out in the cast suits below.

Untitled-13.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

2007_0507014.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

I know I have more leg pics, but I must have misfiled them under a different name. If/when I find them I'll add more...:)

legsdone.jpg

Helmet..which was sculpted over an existing motorcycle helmet...

2007_0511009.jpg

2007_0511007.jpg

2007_0511004-1.jpg

2007_0513006.jpg

Fresh from the molds...sorry he looks a little lopsided around the shoulder area...he's just laid onto a really thin mannequin I use for painting the suits on.

Untitled-10.jpg

Painted with both Fuse FX and Psycho Paint.

Untitled-35.jpg

Untitled-37.jpg

Untitled-42.jpg

Untitled-40.jpg

We're currently hammering out the subsequent needed copies...while simultaneously working on our next promo suit... :) ...

I want to give a special thanks to my good friend Guy. Yes, his Fuse FX is outstanding and I will continue to use it religiously...but my thanks to him is for showing up in Toronto, rolling up his sleeves and helping me meet the required deadline. Without his help...which at my place always means very VERY late nights working away.....I wouldn’t have made it in time.
Guy...thanks again buddy!!!!!

Enjoy!

David

Skullsplitter

Elite Hunter
I'm kinda interested in this title, and I LOOOVE your work on this. However, I can't really understand why the cloth is sculpted to. If it were to be a statue, I could, but seeing it is a costume, I'd have went for real cloth for flexability-sake.

Nice, clean sculpt though *thumbs up*

kithunter

Elite Hunter
david,

every year you keep out doing yourself. the suit is fantastic..

expect a package comming your way

AM

carlart

Hunter
Once again, you've outdone yourself Dave. Just one thing, no crotch armor? That strap looks like a chafer to me! :)

Got a few questions:
How did you get the repeating hex pattern on the armor? Why did you go with a soft instead of medium clay?---I'd be afraid of accidentally loosing detail by bumping the sculpt, etc.

This Fuse Fx paint has me intrigued. Could you elaborate a little bit about it, how it's applied, etc. I'm guessing it's flexible, since the suit it's sitting on is rubber.

Thanks, carlart

Mannowar

Hunter
Wow... Phenominal detail! That's really a piece of art. Love all the texturing and layers... Very impressive.