Question about paint

TB7445

Unblooded
Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting but i've been looking the forum a lot for information. A lots of you guys are great source of info in a lot of stuff. I'm starting to get my stuff together to make myself a suit.

Since I live in quebec canada, if I try to order thing like latex or paint there is always the chance that the costum will not let it pass, so I have to find everything on my own here. I finally find a place for the latex ( the only one i found is molding latex, but the told me it's gonna work)

The reason I need you guys is for the paint, I never used a airbrush before, and I'm looking foward to practice and paint my whole suit, but now finding the right paint for latex is a big mystery. Here is a compagny of airbrush paint available here in quebec: [URL="http://autoaircolors.com/"]http://autoaircolors.com/[/URL]

I found on the forum some of you mix stuff 50/50 with acrylic paint in the mix, could you guys give me the brand of those product or the name of those product (exept water of caurse...mother nature is the maker of it :) )

Can you guys give me some advice on airbrush, type of paint, and way to preserve my suit after it is fully painted ?

Thank you

Phil

drgnfyre4

Hunter
Scott taught me to use the method of mixing a latex base and then adding the liquitex to it and it has worked out great for me and no problem with the paint peeling, bonds really well and has some decent stretch and flex to it when under the stress of suiting up and walking about. Also a lot cheaper than ordering Prosaide.

TB7445

Unblooded
Thank you guys, I'm gonna give it a try. In a couple of weeks you shall see the desaster or me doing an happy dance :)

drgnfyre4

Hunter
"In a couple of weeks you shall see the desaster or me doing an happy dance "
I will cross my fingers for you. It is really easy once you get started.

I use a simple mix of 25%acrylic colour + 25% latex +50% distilled water. It produces a nice airbrush friendly mix....Though you can dabbel with the ratio's if you don't have an airbrush to thicken the consitency of it up. I lay a base coat down then use acrylic inks in washes as this builds up and nec depth to whatever you work on. Another thing I do is take a picture of the raw piece I shall be working on ans put it into photoshop and play with the colours in there as it gives me a good point of reference when painting the actual piece later. hope this helps mate.

Bovine13

Hunter
Greetings to all. I am doing three suits for myself and a couple of friends. I have been in the Haunted house game for about 8 years and have a so so effects background. I have never done a project with this much paint detail. The haunt biz is usually low light so great detail hasnt been a factor. I am addicted to this site. You guys seem very knowledgable and willing to help out. I need some advice on what detail order to paint the muscle suits, i.e. viens, spots, dark to light, etc. Any help or advice is greatly accepted. Thanks for all your time.