Quills

LunaticNic

Hunter
Hey, I've been having some major trouble making quills for my mask and suit. I've tried multiple things and basically keep wasting latex. So at this point anyone who has had success making them please help the noob out :D

B4DW0LF

Young Blood
Im actually going to attempt to use Airdry clay...

its easy to roll into a quill plus once its dry it turns into almost a rubber consistency gonna try it on my suit first 

scanff

Young Blood
Brian,

I just got a pack of bake and bend.  How do you attach the quills? Super glue or contact cement ?

Thanks for your help,
Aaron

lflank

Hunter
I made my quills by finding a black rubber "squoosh" ball (pet shops usually have them for dogs), cutting the spines off, and glueing them to the mask.

:)

Those "squoosh" quills are ok but they have no taper to them. Bake-n-Bend is cheap and easy and effective. Come on man go get some Bake-n-Bend 

wonko

Hunter
Make sure and make up more than you think you'll need, because they like to 'wonder off' with wear.  I attached them with zap-a-gap ca glue (super glue).  I'm gonna have to agree with Jeff on the 'squishy ball' things... they just don't look right.  I also have seen silicone basting brushes that do have a taper and come in black.  The only problem is you get about 50 of em for $6.00.  I didn't feel like spending $30.00 on quills.

Brian