Rakai'Thwei-- Upgraded Costume.

R

Rakai Thwei

This is a little late but better than never. Anyway, this is me on Halloween 2006 and I decided to upgrade the suit since the whole Black Warrior thing wasn't going for me and the original Vinyl armor was falling apart. I upgraded the suit by taking some old football armor, spray painting it silver and black for an old metal look. I really wanted to add some toning to the suit but was unable to find an airbruis artist. Still, it's a good suit!

-Rakai'Thwei

MovieRakai.jpg

MovieRakai3.jpg

MovieRakai5.jpg

MovieRakai6.jpg

MovieRakai7.jpg

P

pirkleations

Another hunter on the prowl!!

Look's like you had a great time modelling!!!

~DangerDavey

R

Rakai Thwei

It was actually alot of fun really, the kids enjoyed my suit and found it to be wonderfully made and so did many of the adults which brought me joy!

The modeling was fun as well and I wore the suit for two hours and thirty minutes. I counted the minutes by frequently checking my cell which has timer on it.

The mask and the dreadlocks were a bitch though, but still... I LOVE this suit and will improve it for next year.

-Rakai'Thwei

K

kithunter

ok rak,

gonna help with some advice, please take all of this as mearly suggestions on improving your work for next year. let's see if we can get you upgraded. start with the top and we'll work our way down.

the headpiece.....needs to go or be improved on. i would look up a thread "improving on a turd" by a member called PREDMANIAC has done to improve and add dreds to the thing. the face on that piece should be covered with a bio for sure. i'm sure you can snag up a bio on ebay for cheap there are always some available.

my next bit of advice is to look at this thread and realize that you don't need to buy armor of the suit it can be made with materials already or cheaply available.

p087.ezboard.com/fhunterslairfrm16.showMessage?topicID=52.topic

some members have already used this information to do some nice pieces.

next ...we're going to lose the underoos. but i'll get you some resources for bodysuits and post them here later

Andrew

P

pirkleations

Rakai,

I used regular spray paint to color and tint my very first fabric Predator skin. It worked out pretty nicely!!

I used black, brown and a dark green for the pattern tones and a light caramel yellow(doesn't pick up in the photo) for the skin tone. It worked great for my first suit back in '93-'94. The paint took pretty well to the fabric and lasted through quite a few wearings.

predavey01.jpg