Rambo 4

ptgreek

Elite Hunter
So this got leaked....it is not an official trailer, but footage sent back to the production office in Beverly hills and edited to show some of the suits (Executives). One of my best friends has been working on this for the past 6 months. The way he described scenes to me are exactly what is being shown in this assembly.

My buddy is pretty psyched about the film...my opinion...the jury is still out based on what I've seen.

wadda you guys think?

RAMBO LINK

Ice

Hunter
The beginning of the trailer was just awesome but getting towards the end I just don't know. I'm going to have to see more. I just hope they don't **** it up.

I just don't know at this point....

carlart

Hunter
Oh brother.
Not what I would expect for a 4th rendition of this franchise. I really liked the way Stallone did Rocky 5. He ended the series with introspection, wisdom and dignity.
I'm not so sure it's the case in Rambo 4. The trailer looks like a repeat of Rambo 2 where he has to rescue POWs in an enemy camp. Why anyone thought this would be a good idea for a script is beyond me.

I would've much preferred to see Rambo living in a remote area of the U.S., not bothering anyone until trouble comes to his doorstep. The writers could have made it relative to today's headlines by having an Al Qaeda cell setting up shop and creating havoc nearby, etc.

I dunno---I like Stallone so I will go see it. I just hope they don't make him into a charicature of himself.

carlart

inkmonster

Hunter
the writers i thought sly was the writer. i thought he wrote all of the rocky and rambo scripts. i love the last rocky ive seen it every bit of 30 to 40 times. actually its rocky 6 rocky 5 was a bit of a dissapointment where he didnt even box but it wasnt a bad street fight towards the end. if im correct that sly is the actuall writer im shure it will end up being a film worth seeing. i think stalones a guy that you either love or hate so if you dont like him you probably wont think the film is any good. alot of people thought he couldnt act in rocky but ive met several boxers and there all punchy like that from being hit in the head to many times so i think he pretty much nailed it. but i do like your idea carl instead of rescuing p.o.w.s. it would be cool if the fight was brought to him somehow maybe they will make it something personal in the script like they kidnapped his cournel or something and he has to go save him. time will tell.

moosematson

Unblooded
I liked what I saw in the preview! Looks like they are going a little more graphic on the kills. I'd certainly go see it, and If it sucks....oh well! I would like very much though for it to NOT suck!

ptgreek

Elite Hunter
Stallone didnt write the script. I've actualluy read it...it is pretty bad honestly. We find Rambo living in Thailand working as a snake trapper...enter missionaries and potential love interest on thier way to save the victimized Burmese...Rambo wont help until they get captured...Rambo finds religion and goes after islamic extremist rebels. Like I said, this was not an official trailer...trailers rarely show decapitations and complete bloody obliterations with heavy artillary. It was just cut to show some of the action stuff. They just wrapped shooting a couple of weeks ago....I dont think an official trailer is due anytime soon. I dont know...Stallone didnt look so good in this one..he looked alot better in Rocky

carlart

Hunter
Forget Colonel Trautman. The actor who played him, Richard Crenna died of pancreatic cancer in 2003. Looks like Ken Howard is playing a new character similar to Trautman.
carlart

I am a HUGE Stallone fan, so I will see it regardless. I really liked Rocky Balboa and I loved the Rmabo movies. My only reservation with this footage is the killings are a little :rolleyes: messy...

I like the First Blood movies for the action, but the times surely will dictate a little more gore and Rambo doesn't seem to be portrayed as an American hero in this footage, but almost a killer more than a really good soldier.

We'll see...

Ice

Hunter
You know, to me He looked more like an Indian then Rambo right in the beginning of the trailer.

wickedbeard

Unblooded
I am a HUGE Stallone fan, so I will see it regardless. I really liked Rocky Balboa and I loved the Rmabo movies. My only reservation with this footage is the killings are a little :rolleyes: messy...

I like the First Blood movies for the action, but the times surely will dictate a little more gore and Rambo doesn't seem to be portrayed as an American hero in this footage, but almost a killer more than a really good soldier.

We'll see...
Well, hmm what to say.Basically soldiers ARE trained killers.They are taught to react instantly.John Rambo was special forces, and they are some mean mothers, along with the jarheads, and the navy seals, and this movie is really not about him as an american hero, but a guy saving innocent people from some really nasty individuals, doing what he does best.Extermination!!!!!
honestly the messy stuff is the whole reason I am stoked about this.

inkmonster

Hunter
actually after watching that clip it looks like its going to be awsome. a bit more graphic that his earlier films. im surprised they had that one scene in there where he basicly turned the guy into soup with a machine gun more than the decapitation scene. im definatly gonna see it when it comes to town. im a huge stallone fan.

Savage

Hunter
Looks like they're sticking to the original formula we saw in Rambo First Blood and the other Rambo films. Should be good I'll definitely plan on checking it out. I got all the Rambo and Rocky films on disc already as well as other films he's done like Cobra.

Bovine13

Hunter
Anybody here see the old movie Death Race 2000? Stallone is in it. Pretty off beat movie. If your a Stallone fan check it out.

inkmonster

Hunter
i just went to stalones offical site and this movie isnt going to be released till summer 2008. long time to wait to see it. and the stuff that was released on you tube wasnt supposed to be released. but has since drawn over 800,000 hits and the people love it. nobody is even shure how much of that will make it to the actual film. i ijust bought the trilogy collection this week i forgot how much i like those films. im shure i will definatly go to see this when it comes out.

A good thing is of the clip that Rambo is an old soldier. Not a super-strong-not aging-buffed up figther. It's clear that time had an weird effect on Rambo's mind. Especially the well known part of making tomato soup of your enemy in that car.

Also that he isn't so fast anymore in running, and the freaking wild look what he has makes this part COOL. OK OK you gotta like this style. But it's clear that there are a few real Stallone fans on this Lair.
:)