Ready To Fire (completed/shipped)

S

Shataan

Pirk and I are collaborating a new AVP cannon. This time, the Ready To Fire Large calibre.... with a twist. Pirk mentioned the Ready To Fire version as being THE cannon as far as Big Guns are concerned. I thought it can be done, but wanted it to be a bit more edge pushing. So I decided to do this cannon, that can actually do the physical recoil movement, ala the movie cannon version.

addendum: Pirks got it!

P

pirkleations

So there we have it!! The re-evolution of a masterpiece in UltraCell. The AVP Big Gun Cannon V2. Or, as Gary and I have nick-named it...the UBER-CANNON!!!

The cannon itself will be able to lock in RTF(Ready To Fire) position or in extended, pre-fire position. Quite a feat of sculpting genius, if you ask me.

Even if it only inspires others to sculpt their own artillery, this cannon will be a successful addition to the Predator Archives!!

Great job so far, Gary!!

~DangerDavey

P

ptgreek

HOLY MOTHER! ...put me right up there on top of that pre-order list!

R

Ruffkintoy

Crap! Something else I have to buy...LOL
Looks great so far, can't wait to see it done. Put me on the list too

S

Shataan

Thanx for your positive comments. As Pirk said, you can either lock this version into a specific firing position.... OR if you have remote control servo knowledge, you can animate this cannon to recoil just like we see the movie cannon version do.

It`s all up to you. Thx again. :0)

S

SeaHunterr

I wants one! The UBER cannon, there is no substitute.
I'm going to try to animate mine with car door lock motors...should be cheap and do the job.

J

JediUsurper

GARY GET PHOTOBUCKET YOU LAZY MOFO

yeah the cannon rocks also

F

Fakenrite

Thatrocks dude!!! Can't wait to add this to my weapon collection that is starting to get dominated by Gary and Dave's kichen of prop goodness

Dan

S

Savage Yautja

Jaw dropping excellence! I'm lovin' this bad boy! BRING IT ON!

P

pirkleations

Mmmmmmmmm!!! Yummy Plasma Cannon goodness!!!!

~DangerDavey

C

carlart

Intercell? Is that like compressed PVC sheet? I know that stuff cuts like soap, sands nice. Are you using a dremel, lathe, or mini band saw?
Looks realy nice. I knew it was a matter of time before you took it to the next level. It only makes sense, taking your project and improving on it. Speaking of which, I've got to do the same to mine. Gret job.
carlart

J

JediUsurper

looking Canontastic dude.

you sure youve not recast your 1st effort?

you recasting swine.. im off to tell gary hehe

T

The Mortal Immortal

Your the man Gary you make the best AVP stuff. I love your work and the craftman ship you put into your projects. You are the best lexan designer on the lair.

S

Shataan

hehhhe Thx. I am not using lexan lately. But it has been cool to know that I have been able to make some stuff that adds some coolness to a few suits round these parts. And it will be nice to have these items for my own suit as well.

D

Don Jarr

Hi all

That looks really good, and for working it an electric solenoid would be perfect, as it would allow the rapid reloading movement, or held in either position at the flick of a switch.

I must say people do tend to overlook solenoids and go for the servo approach, but in all fairness the solenoid is a far better option, as it just a small cylinder with push rod that’s either in or out and can be held in either position.

You could mount the batteries with the solenoid in the cannon as it’s nice and big, and have wires running down your arm to a small switch on a gauntlet or your hand. Then a quick on/off flick of the switch would perform the reloading operation, in one smooth motion, of leave it 'on' for recoiled position of 'off' in fired position. Solenoids work quicker than a servo and a much snappy movement.

However working or not this will look good when finished and mounted on a suit.

Don

A

alphatech686

You need to look into the solenoid thing. Any of them I've seen have very limited ranges of motion. Like 1/4 to 1/2 inch.