Remember the PVC Armor I started...

A

asy0uw1sh

Well, I sort of became sidetracked and ran out of buckets. Not that I am by any means cheap, I simply refused to continue spending $5.00 per bucket at a local Home Depot. Well yesterday I stumbled upon a treasure trove of PVC buckets that had been disgarded at a local construction site, enough to make at least 5 sets of armor. I'm off to cut and clean them now. Here's a few shots of some of them. Now I have no excuses and a renewed interest in finishing the suit!

Picture057.jpg

Picture058.jpg

-Alan

R

Round Hammer

Fortune favors the thrifty!

I would ask you to be carefull though and check what those buckets contained, it may have been toxic.
Not something you'd want to wash out on your front porch.

A

asy0uw1sh

Sound advice RH! I usually use clean, new, store purchased buckets but with these you are right I should be careful. For the most part they were used to contain drywall joint compound, after I cut the tops and bottoms off I sand them and then scrub them down.

-Alan

S

Savage Yautja

This is why I drive a 4x4 pick-up truck as well. Plenty of room for the unexpected.

S

sinister70

That's a nice haul I wish I could come across something like that, but not much chance of that here I'm afraid. Still it's not going to stop me from looking.

R

Round Hammer

asy0uw1sh, sounds like you already know the drill. And my apologies if I came across like I was trying to be the "professor". It's always good to find materials for free that you can use on projects.

A

asy0uw1sh

RH dont be silly! It was good advice, you can never be too careful.

-Alan

M

MoviesColin

That would be my luck, coming across the buckets but finding out their useless due to toxic poison remnants.