Remembering our Leader

carlart

Hunter
I don't know about our leader, but as small as he is in the second half of the video, Kevin Peter Hall's still bigger than your gerbil !
carlart

kithunter

Elite Hunter
he IS the man, can you imagine if they stayed with jeane claude van damme?.. I doubt any of us would be here

don't know about the rest of you, but i'll take a knee to the man...RIP KPH

Andrew

zealwing

Hunter
If it wasn't for Kevin Peter Hall's great performance the suit would just be a suit so he is the ultimate predator to me in this lair Andrew that is very true I would have hated seeing jean claude van damme as the predator and the predator would have just been so horrble lol and the fact that Arnold would have kicked his ass. :eek:

ScottAS

Hunter
I don't know about our leader, but as small as he is in the second half of the video, Kevin Peter Hall's still bigger than your gerbil !
carlart

I got ya gerbil funny little man.
9780064421157.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First I didnt know Van Dam was supposed to be the pred, that would have sucked major ass.
Second not only did KPH do that mopvie but also Harry and the Hendersons as of course Harry!! Another dude some of you might know that helped make that movie was sculpter Steve Wang. Crap, you find out alot of usless stuff when youre bored. -joe

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
Well it looks like you need to be schooled. The suit and mask was not sculpted by steve wang. Kevin made the creature come to live and have character. Kevin was and will be the man.

Wheres the fire dude? lol :) Never said Steve sculpted the costume just said he "helped make the movie" never doubted for a second that KPH made the suit come to life Just wanted to share alittle intel that I found out while being bored, nobody posted anything about it and I thought it fit the thread, because after all KPH was a well rounded actor....that.....you.know what never mind. LOL schools out!!! -joe

Robillicus

Hunter
Heh, I saw that show a few times when it was on TV back in the day. However, that clip got me thinking about his dialogue. I wonder if he felt the same way as his character?

I mean yeah, we all want to be tall enough to play the Predator in costume... but think about it. Even after the suit and head piece were off, he was still really damn tall. My closest friend is 6'4-6'5, and he's always bumping his head on ceilings, having to crumple up to ride in a car, and he has to shop at one of those "big and tall" clothing stores. Not to mention the fact that he's younger than I am and his joints already pop. I really hope he doesn't have joint issues in the future.

Add 10 or so inches to that, and you have Kevin Peter Hall. Wow.

Im rambling by now, but that clip just got me thinking. Maybe I like the Predator as much as I do because I can relate with the actor who played him.