Repainted The Celtie...

T

The Hopkinator

The general consensus previously was that the paint was too dark, not "shimmery" enough.. anyway, found this stuff at Michaels, actually has ground up steel in the paint. Repainted the whole thing. Look better? The eys havent been painted yet,, they will be flat grey.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JediUsurper

looks real nice, seems very accurate to the films .

well done

T

The Mortal Immortal

Looks alot better with a lighter silver color.

C

carlart

Helmet and suit look great------but the tape dummy underneath?
carlart

S

Shataan

That does look good. I wish I was that far along armorwise.

T

The Hopkinator

Thanks guys, the dreds are bambooies,, first I had latex dreds off ebay that looked ok,, then I pulled em off and tried backer rod,, then i saw Bambooies,, they are cold foam something or another.Look and flop around perfect. Seahunter gave a great idea for painting, but I wasnt familiar with the process, and then found this stuff at Michaels Art Supply,,its basically a metalizing paint, with ground up steel in the paint. (dry brushed) . Hope to get the rest soon,, Dereks leg armor is on the list next. Then I have to make a frame for him. Im thinking about the pose where he has kicked grid off him, and is standing up facing him with his right arm cocked back with the blades out. Attack pose, I guess its called.

T

The Hopkinator

Dont be hatin on my duct tape man!!
I was gonna use a blow up doll I have but figured I may need it for another project friday and saturday night...

Ill get the name of the paint for you, its at Michaels in the metalizing paint section. Its the " pewter" color . You paint your armor flat black, then put a small amount of the paint on a brush, and lightly brush it over the black. Its called dry brushing. Im sure Mel could send u a little tutorial on the best way to do it. Id say she has it down to a fine art.

Y

yautja clone

Looks alot better Hop. Thats gonna be one nice Pred suit.

Ya might want to consider getting this undermask. I think it would work just perfect for you....

f5_1.jpg