Retractable Spear (NT)

S

Savage Yautja

I thought that looked familiar. Yes I wrote that, the problem was trying to find room for the offset motors in the main housing. So far I really haven't had the time to pursue the idea further. Someone who worked on the movie did figure out how to make this device work and has the plans for it. I remember hearing it was a pain to figure out but it can be done.

M

MEANGENE83

The whole thing is easier said than done!! Thats for sure.

C

CyberPred

Try solenoids on each end. When you push a button in the center of the spear it activates the solenoids to push out. When pushed again they pull in.

Cary

A

alphatech686

Has anyone actually made one of these that works. If so I would love to see some pics. I am in the process right now.

S

Savage Yautja

Cary, You have any pics of the spear or diagrams of the parts needed? Any help would be much appreciated.

C

CyberPred

When I get some time Mark I will have to look for the pics. The one I made did not have telescoping capability. It would be small in the Hand and then pop out.

Cary

N

Nosfearatu

Maybe try using those umbrellas who telescope when you press the button, same thing.

L

Lucas Alvarez

Hi all!

I was thinking is make one functional, in fact I allready bought a secon MR spear ( the first one I pay 325 dollars plus shipping now I bought it fo 110 shipped... )
I bought it to use the center cord and the points i was thinking in drill it inside and add the mechanics.

I was thinking in made something mechanism like the retractable knifes.. anyones know how they work?

Lucas

A

alphatech686

Check out my post in the Trophy room-Alphatech Spear Project. I'm trying to keep it up to date.

T

The Mortal Immortal

Here a diagram of a working proto type.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Morrah Terrah

GoodAfternoon The Mortal Immortal.

I am Morrah Terrah I would like to buy you desgin you made if you are will to share. I think it looks very good and I would past on some more predator Costomer to you if you like my Brother Predator. I do not know how much you asking but I think you will beforward on a good price. Please let me know so we can talk .Give me a call (760)941-9660 or email me at darthsaul1@juno.com I hope to hear from you soon.
Morrah Terrah

T

The Mortal Immortal

I was thing of making a few to sell. Not sure on price yet, because Im still making the molds for the tip and the outter skins. I will post when done. Ps the prototype was made of pvc and the ones for sale will be all aluminum.

B

BaitysBlacksmithing

Have you thought about making a few steel versions? Or perhaps having parts made? If so I'd be happy to help any way I can. Your designs would stay yours too, I'd just transfer them into a sharpenable edge holding medium for you.