Robs Celtic *FINISHED AT LAST*

P

PredatoRob

This is what I've got so far, it's just close up of the helmet. There is more, including some skin texturing and some P1 inspired patterns. I'll show the whole thing off when Im done with it, but that might be a while. I'm also working on his face- without the Jay Leno chin. I've got (what I think) is a pretty cool design so far. Nothing fancy, but it's interesting.

"But Rob, why no 'Leno Chin'"? Because it doesn't look right. "Humanizing" of these creatures dramatically reduces the scare/OH @#%$ factor. They become comical and forgetable. SO seeing as how the Celtics performance in the movie (in my opinion) made him out to be a more crazy, barbaric hunter I decided to give him the traditional chin (mainly because his helmet never came off). He was 'more' Predator than anything out of that movie. Although I haven't drawn this part yet, I just felt it was necessary that I shouldn't give him that crap chin.

MVC-474F.jpg

A

Akira Fudou xxx

hell ya rob ilke that style. the shading makes it look real good and has more of an artistic appeal to it. keep it up dude. tryinmg new things is good just dont come out of the closet.

M

MEANGENE83

Looks like you took a screen cap from the movie and in photoshop did the BLACK/WHITE picture option thingie or something!!!

Your drawings, as i always say, are MIND BLOWING!
My girlfriend thought that your drawing wasnt hand drawn when i showed it to her, she told me i was lying that i bought it!!!

Thats how you know your work is good, when to the untrained eye people look and are DUMBFOUNDED.

Also when pro's give ya the thumbs up - that helps too!

Anyway rob. KEEP IT UP!

How are those predator 2 hands i sent ya coming?

If you want i can send you a new pair, a BETTER thicker pair i have on hand and you can sell those old ones on ebay for some cash or something?!?!

Talk to you later my friend.

GENE

P

PredatoRob

Well, here's an update. I spent all day working on it. I finished the helmet part, and now it's on to the body.

MVC-476F.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys, I really, REALLY appreciate them. They make Rob happy in pants.

K

kithunter

man rob your details are jumping off that piece. you are the best illustrator in the lair.

Andrew

P

PredatoRob

Well, I finished up the neck seal detail(pending additional shading). I think he's coming along nicely. There would be more, but thanks to my simple mind I forgot to take my pencil home this weekend, so I was SOL there. Also, I worked a bit on the cleavage crust and added a few quils. Now, the movie version didn't have these. However, ever since I heard Paul Anderson talk about how these guys were much "more" than the first two Predators, I just had too because the "O.G." Predator had them... and as we all know he IS THE Predator. So I figured Celtic should have them too because he was quite the bad-ass.

MVC-478F.jpg

MVC-479F.jpg

What do you guys think?

P

PredatoRob

Here's an update-

MVC-481F.jpg

I think I've finally got this bad boy figured out!! Woohooo!!! What do you guys think?

K

kithunter

I don't know what everyone else thinks but DAMN!!!!!!!!!

Andrew

T

The Big Gunns

ROB!!!!

That is toooooooooo sweet my friend. Its nice to see you using a dark shadow in such a large area and youve really got some nice contrast going on with that eye! i wonder who the lucky hunter is that will be talking that piece home. ~Mel

P

PredatoRob

I worked on it a little bit more tonight. I got the upper chest portion finished(still needs some shading) and an extra dredlock. However I worked a bit on the mid-chest scabby/scaley area. Once finished it'll travel down the middle of his torso, with quills growing out of it. I was thinkin that stuff was kinda like ACNE, eventually disappearing when he reaches adulthood(which he does not).

MVC-482F.jpg

Mel- You are my #1 girl, thanks for your compliments woman!! To answer your question, I dunno who gets it. The drawing was more of an experiment than anything. Whoever wants it I suppose. Depending on wether or not I wanna give it away or keep it, Im really liking it this far.

Andrew- Thanks dude!!! Also on another note- these pics aren't taking up too much space are they? I'll remove some of them if they are, I don't have a program down here at school to shrink them.

P

PredatrHuntr

I dont think you will find it hard to find someone who wants that...it's...how you say? ...indescribable!

T

The Hopkinator

ill buy a print. Mongo like celtic .mongo like celtic lots and lots i will love him and pet him and call him celtic

S

Savage Yautja

Rob,

When you finish this you should see if you can get it printed on a large format printer. A really BIG printer. You could offer reprints of the original since you have a lot of interested predators. Myself included. How large is this image? Looks awesome!

K

KnightPred

if a reprint isnt like way outta my price range id buy one !

P

PredatoRob

I did a bit more work on him this weekend, and I will have a few progress pictures to show. I would have alot more done had I not become hopelessly addicted to Predator: Concrete Jungle.

P

Predrhone

I know I don't post much anymore but... Your talent is undeniable and incomparable, Rob. For sheer detail and replicative work... your skills are unmatched. Kudos sir... KUDOS I say. When this piece is finished, I do hope that you'll be able to consider multiple prints... I am VERY interested. Keep up the great work there amigo (I might drop by the chat again sometime soon... good times... )

P

PredatoRob

Thanks for the kind words man, they were awesome!!! This is what I've got so far-

MVC-486F.jpg

There is still some more shading to be done, it doesn't look right to me yet. Since Im not in class this week I'll be putting a lot of time towards this and finally get it finished. Woohooo!!

MVC-487F.jpg