Roundhammers Finished Pred / New Pictures

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
Here is the last costumer body suit that I'm doing. This will be a running post from start to finish. Here is the base coated in a light light gray as what the costumer wanted. Waiting for him to confirm his color picks, before I go to work.
2007_0609_213010.jpg

Mannowar

Hunter
A couple questions as I'm still learning on the painting thing... is this a Prosaide mix with the light gray base? And, you mention the base color as what the customer requested... Sounds like it might not be your choice... if not, what would your base choice be?
Scott

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
I still paint, just not going to any more pred stuff for a long while. Larry and Mel are my favorites and I will never reach their skill levels. Plus there are other many talented painters on here like Robillicus,Ta2pro, Seahunterr, Usurper, mangrasshopper, Inkdoctor, biohunter76, Ice, and many others to see their great works.

I don't use pros-aide anymore it is latex base with tint added. There is nothing wrong with light gray, it not that much color tint off from the off white I normally use. The base is just a starting point, it what colors you add on top that make the bigger changes.

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Scott, 1st off , thankyou for thinking i have any amount of talent to paint.

2nd how can i learn to progress if better painters like youself stop

3rd i dont think youll stop as you love it.

4th if people are having a go at you stuff em, carry on doin what you like.

5th ok i have no 5th but i like the number 5

Destroyer

Hunter
Hurry up and confirm your paint scheme roundhammer.

We all want to see TMI's step by step paintup of your suit :p

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
Here is the start of the first layer, just so everyone knows this is a custom P1/P2. I dropped the Iwata so I ordered a new one and it will be here in a few days. (REMEMBER TO LEAVE THE THE HANDLE ON) I could have just replaced the tip and needle, but hey its time for a new one anyway.
2007_0612_195934.jpg

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
Here I am at the blending stage, I like to call this the looks like **** stage. It will start to look better after this stage is done.
2007_0617_193715.jpg

Scott, bad ass as usual. I can understand why you don't want to paint pred any more bro' I'm pretty much burnt out right now. But I think  after a break where you can do your own thing might see you back to good old pred again. As for your chops not being up there....I think you're all ready there buddy. This thread's going to help out a good many people here, so kudos on throwing it up :p

inkmonster

Hunter
looking good scott. oh and thank you for including me in the group of people you think are good painters. im kinda new at it but hopefully can only get better. i to have stopped using prosaide mixed with acrylic and switched to a latex base thats been tinted or monstermakers mask paint. along with inks. ive been hearing from guys in the fx industry that making a pax paint for masks and costumes will actually not adhear well and will peal off. pax paint is for prostetics that are only used for a short period of time. not for something that you want to last a few more years and be able to move alot in.

roundhammer

Hunter
Scott, if this is the "looks like ****" stage, the finished work will be mind blowing! I think the LLS stage is great in it's own right.

When I saw your picture for today, I got butterflies in my stomach...the good kind! Those white markings really make it pop, reminds me of a snake.:p

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
Well the design you sent had the gray area in it and I know that we changed the color pallet for the suit, but I still want to give you your design. When the rest of the spot go on and the center is finished, I think it will be a nice hybrid mask that you want. It will have the spot run down the side of the neck as well as in your picture. I'm sorry the post office lost the lower mandibles so I hope the ones in the picture will work for you. I will give you the top two teeth as well so they match. The mask is taking the longest time, after it is done the body suit will go pretty quick.

roundhammer

Hunter
Sounds good to me Scott. I'm happy to just step back and let you work your magic! The spot pattern and colors so far are working well with each other. No problems about the post office. In all the years and with all the things I've sent/received through them, I think this is the first thing that had anything missing. So the odds are still working in my favor. Those mandibles and teeth look like a perfect match and I appreciate your generousity (although I would be happy to pay for them! ) For those interested, the box arrived at Scott's home split open down the side. All the suit parts were in plastic bags which were tied closed, but somehow the bag with the mask was open and the mandibles were missing. I had the whole thing shipped with insurance, but those two litle pieces would be so cheap on their own, that it doesn't seem worth filing a claim. How much would those cost, like $10 maybe?
I'm now more worried about it all being shipped back. I hope the same thing doesn't happen on the return trip! :p

Well the design you sent had the gray area in it and I know that we changed the color pallet for the suit, but I still want to give you your design. When the rest of the spot go on and the center is finished, I think it will be a nice hybrid mask that you want. It will have the spot run down the side of the neck as well as in your picture. I'm sorry the post office lost the lower mandibles so I hope the ones in the picture will work for you. I will give you the top two teeth as well so they match. The mask is taking the longest time, after it is done the body suit will go pretty quick.