Rubies AVP mask- how to attach backer rod dreads?

Yautja1975

Unblooded
I have the AVP mask and backer rods. Is it best to snip an x in the mask then poke through, or glue to side
Of the mask? I dont want them to fall off during the day. I was originally going tonpoke through and then try and staple them to the mask flaps inside. Failing that gorilla or super glue?!?!

Wreav

Elite Hunter
Community Staff
Use cyanoacrylate and just glue it onto the mask. Simple. Dreads may fall, they always do that why you carry the glue with you just encase. (Cosplayers - tend to carry a small bag of supplies, i always carry cyanoacrylate and insta set and make up.)

cavx

Unblooded
What are the "Rubies" costumes made from? I discovered I have one *shudders* in my possession now too.

Janet543

Unblooded
Ok crazy single mom making a costume for my son. I have the rubies 3/4 mask and have modified it. But I can’t for the life of me get the backer rod dreads to stick. I have used hot glue and that’s a fail. I don’t know what kind of glue they ar talking about above. In a pinch as Halloween is fast approaching! Any help is appreciated. I have spent so many hours already and it would be a shame to have it not work out.

LunaticNic

Hunter
Ok crazy single mom making a costume for my son. I have the rubies 3/4 mask and have modified it. But I can’t for the life of me get the backer rod dreads to stick. I have used hot glue and that’s a fail. I don’t know what kind of glue they ar talking about above. In a pinch as Halloween is fast approaching! Any help is appreciated. I have spent so many hours already and it would be a shame to have it not work out.
I've had success using the mentioned tactic of cutting small x's into the back of my mask, pulling the dreads through, and then securing them with a dap of contact cement.
Hope that helps get the costume on track for Halloween!

keefer

Hunter
Use the small x cut method!! Did that years ago, and if you make the x nice and small, you dont have to use any glue at all. Super simple!!!