Rumours are nasty things...

SquidProRo

Unblooded
This morning I got a message from a prop-maker on eBay claiming that various members from these very boards have been warning him that I'm a recaster.

I'm completely stunned. Where in the hell did you get that idea?? On what kind of evidence do you make this claim? I don't understand it, it's just utterly bizarre. Have I ever, in the short time that I've been here and the few posts I've made, given anyone reason to think that I recast costume parts? Has anything I've ever sold on eBay or otherwise looked even vaguely like a recast costume part?

People, I've never worked with latex in my life. I don't have a clue how to make latex parts from scratch, let alone recast them. That's why I came to these boards asking for help in tracking down ready-made parts.

I'm not expecting the people who started this rumour to come forward, but if you're reading this, I hope you feel thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. How about getting your facts straight before you go looking for a random board member to blame?

kithunter

Elite Hunter
Ro,

you should hear what has been said about me.. Ha!!!

some folks don't have lives so they invent and say crap that isn't true,
their hope is that somone will notice them from their mothers basement and they will spread rumors and lies in the possiblity of gaining some sort of self importance and authority on someone elses life..

so many haters out there.... so try not sweat it to much...

AM

cyberpred

Hunter
Agreed,

Thats what a Rumour is. Do not worry about it.

There is a Rumour I am a nice guy. Go Figure...

Cary

carlart

Hunter
Squid---
I know it's easy to say don't worry about it, but like the other guys said, there'll always be some bungholes starting ****. Don't forget, there's been a spate of VERO cancellations of pred auctions on eBay recently due to some unknown, disgruntled ahole(s) who thinks anyone making the same kind of pred stuff as themselves, is infringing on "their" turf. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this also extends into discrediting Lair members as well-----something to keep in mind here.

As far as rumors go, yours is pale in comparison with the rumor that ScottAS is one flatulent s.o.b. But you know how rumors are.

funny_fart.jpg

Faken

Hunter
As far as rumors go, yours is pale in comparison with the rumor that ScottAS is one flatulent s.o.b. But you know how rumors are.
That's funny, because Scott told me a few months back that that was you in that pic after eating 1 big mac too many ;)

kithunter

Elite Hunter
it's true cary isn't a nice .......lol yes it's true, carl can blow a hole in the ozone the size of texas. No i'm not going to be in predator 3

just trying to do a little rumor control

AM

Shai tan

Hunter
Apparently we ALL are Recasters here. lol I am so good at it infact, that I send my props down to SeaHunterr and DangerDavey for my molds and casts. woohoo!

SquidProRo

Unblooded
Thanks everyone. ;) Well in an odd way it's a comfort to know that it has happened to so many other members. I haven't let it get to me, I just felt a need to defend myself because this sort of thing has never happened to me before.

Just to clear things up it wasn't me.
Oh I know that. You've been nothing but a great help to me since I got here. That is, unless, it's all some kind of huge conspiracy.

DangerDavey

Hunter
Squid is an outstanding artist with a marvellous imagination and a wonderful person to deal with. I will not stand for anyone disrespecting this person and defend their reputation with every ounce of my energy. Promise.

~DangerDavey

drgnfyre4

Hunter
I sympathize with you whole heartedly. I also recently have been accused of running an entire ring of recasters all apparently from my two bedroom apartment. Pay it no mind, most people fail to get thier facts in order and often time also mistake one persons online handle for another.
P.S. would all of the recasting elves under my kitchen counter please make sure thier W2 forms are in order as it is tax time.

kithunter

Elite Hunter
finally scott, i can add you now to the suit thread..... that is the scariest costume i've ever seen....

recasting elves......that's a good one

ScottAS

Hunter
finally scott, i can add you now to the suit thread..... that is the scariest costume i've ever seen....

recasting elves......that's a good one
Sorry Kit that's the one and only Carlart!
This is the only full suite I ever had about 15 years ago....yikes!
2b149090.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kithunter

Elite Hunter
well don't i feel like the *******. i went by your screen name carl,,

see that image screwed me up so bad...i forgot your name...

And just to keep another rumor from spreading....I am not an *******....

Depends on who you ask...but i swear i am not...

kithunter

Elite Hunter
aww man that's wrong....lol funny as ****...but just wrong

just for that i AM going to put that pic suit in the thread...right next to kevin peter hall