S.E.E.D Animatronic Alien Head Sale VID & PICS 7/13

N

NibsFlibble

Well, I guess it's our turn to be broke and desperately needing funds.

When I get the chance, I'll get some good pics of it for your viewing pleasure ......

Up for sale to the Lair members first (before it hits the 'bay') is our screen used animatronic ALIEN head that was used in S.E.E.D. This puppy has a helmet on the inside for wearing. The outside 'skull' is fiberglass. The inside has all kinds of animatronics to make the mouth open and close, and the tongue pop out.

There's a hole in the roof of the mouth to put tubing so you can have wet slimy stuff oozing out!

It does have 2 expensive controllers with two rechargeable batteries and a recharger.

It's not in mint condition, because it is a used piece, but it is a fantastic detailed head that is just too cool NOT to have for display or wearing.

When it was delivered, all the electronics came loose, but we're refining the placement of them so they won't come loose again.

If anyone is interested, please shoot me a PM or email and I can give you all the pricing details.

It's not cheap, but well worth it!

When the videos were taken (today 7/13) the tongue mechanism was not in the mouth at the time and the neck piece is off .........

Alien Head Lips & Mouth Videos

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pirkleations

I just thought I'd post a couple of pics of my "refining" process for the SEED Alien head.

One of the first things that I did was replace the jaw tendons, which had torn and broke on both sides.

Here's a before picture...

And here's the after...

If the rest of the project goes this well, this Alien Head is gonna be a big hit on Ebay!!

DangerDavey

MVC-010F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NibsFlibble

Oh, yeah, we're modifying-type fools.

David is not only re-doing the jaw 'tendons', but adding more texture and airbrushing to it. I can't believe how much different it looks after a little 'touch-up'. The 'tendons' are thicker and more realistic now. They are not going to 'snap' apart any more.

And David forgot ..... I DO still have a Basic Electronics book I kept from college ..... with lots of pictures!

The circuit board for the tongue will be replaced with a better one and a PROPER regulator because the tongue, when pulled back into place took an amazing 200 amps to do it.

By the time we're through, this Alien head is gonna rock!

P

pirkleations

These arrived in the mail today...

MVC-012F.jpg

Vince/Raptorarts is the maker.

The sculpt on this Inner Jaw/Tongue is magnificent! The casting is exceptional as well. The photos we've seen elsewhere on the Lair and Egos do not do this piece justice!!

I highly reccommend this item for anyone's Alien or Predator collection!!

One is solid-cast and the other is resin with foam-filling(mmmm...foam filling).

I'll be using the lighter weight one for the Animatronic Alien Head as an upgrade.

Thanks Vince!! I hope things work out well for you!!!

DangerDavey

M

MoviesColin

They look wonderful.

I would get more than a few if I had the money.

R

RaptorArts

Thanks and I'm glad you like them.
I cant wait to see how they look with the alien head

P

pirkleations

Vince,

Nothing new happening yet with the head.

I've been "constipating" on a couple of other commission projects and whipping out the Jensen/Pirkle AVP Big Gun as fast as I can.

It will definitely get finished. But it's not as desperate of a priority as it was last month.(Thanks to a timely job offer for Deb)

I'm investigating and saving for a new circuit board for the tongue function.

~DangerDavey