Say hellooo to maa Littleee Frieeeeeeend TOP half PAINTED

J

JediUsurper

Been thinking doing this for a while, but finally got some spare time the last 2 days, roughed out the basic shape of the top half ( bottom half will be a seperate sculpt ) added one side mandibles, and JUST started detailing (the side shown is NOT complete ) got plenty more to go.

anyway this will be roughly between 3-4ft when done with tail.

hope you like, oh he will becast and made from latex with hopefully some hand made movement ( I have a idea which i hope will come off )

Lee.

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

C

CyberPred

If you are sculpting a tootsie roll it needs work.

But if it is a Chestburster, nice job.

Cary

T

The Xcalibor

Lee, its looking really good so far mate. Keep it going.

KEITH

J

JediUsurper

NO idea what you mean cary , i assume its meant to be funny.

but thanks Pro predator/Keith

P

pro predator

hey no problem man nice job so far hope to see more of your progress

R

RaptorArts

Duh, ya cary was being funny And I think thats a very cool job! I cant wait to see the rest of it

T

THEBUGZ

Thats incredible work man!

Some nice details going on there!!

Keep us posted !!

BuGz

T

The Mortal Immortal

Nice work Lee; its aways nice to see people working in clay.

P

PredatoRob

Looking bad-ass, Lee. I too love to see sculpts in progress. Be sure and keep us updated with your little buddy, there.

J

JediUsurper

Managed to get alot more done today well made both sides as symetrical as possible, pretty happy with main head shape etc, just need to finish detailing and shapin start of tail, hopefully have that done in next couple of days then i can stat the dredded tail.
IF you guys could give opinions on length of whole creature it would help.
this sculpt is 10 inches tall, so what do you think the length should be? i think 4 ft is too long but any input would be great.

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

J

JediUsurper

Struggling with tail detail, i cant make my mind up what sorta detais to add if any, i think i may just add the details with paint.
planning to add alot of veining, so hopefully actual texture wont be as important.

what do you think?

J

JediUsurper

top half came out ok, so ive started and nearly finished tail.

gcb.jpg

smaller teeth are made from toothpics as they are so small theyll break easy if they were resin, inner jaw and mandibles are resin though, the inner jaw can be moved in and out to desired position, or maybe attatched to a servo or similar to jump in and out .

R

Round Hammer

Nice work!

I can see someone walking around with this wrapped around their arm like what you see on some of the recent model kits.