Scelestus Helmet

M

MoviesColin

First off-

Scelestus- Latin for 'Wicked.'

Okay, now.
Most of you remember this neat little kit, right?

Well, I've decided that I am going to try to sculpt a 1:1 replica of the helmet. I will actually be molding/casting this one.

Anyways, once I get some more clay and actually have something to show, I will document much like NibsFibble and Pirkleations have been with their current projects. Stay tuned!

D

Darth Opacus

Good luck on that one colin.

You have all the help you need here on the board. Keep us posted mate.

KEITH

N

NibsFlibble

oooh, yeah, another unique bio! Goodie, goodie!!!!

Keep us posted!!!!

D

drgnfyre4

Now that I have talked to you about it in chat I am gonna keep after you to get this done. Start to finish make this your signature piece for this year Colin!

M

MoviesColin

I'm determined to. I even want to raise $200 to mold and cast it right!

Aside from the fun of making a helmet, I kind of want to show people that even though I am 15, that doesn't mean I am limited to what I can do. I've already done what several people haven't done until their 20's...

Plus it's a neat little signature piece.

P

PredatoRob

Hey Colin, goodluck with that buddy! I mean, hell, as determined as you are, it HAS to turn out good! Go for it, and take tons of pictures. Nothing is more cool than watching a sculpt develop from start to finish.

Aside from the fun of making a helmet, I kind of want to show people that even though I am 15, that doesn't mean I am limited to what I can do. I've already done what several people haven't done until their 20's...
Hey, up yours! There was no "internet" when I was 15. There was nothing like this when I was that age except a dream and some ideas. ALTHOUGH.. when I was that age I was rockin' the cardboard armor, gauntlets (with retractable blades), shoulder cannon, back-pack, a disc, and a 6 ft. spear made from pencils and other knick-knacks. I also made several Terminator arms. One was stolen, so I guess that was the good one!! I also had an idea to turn a dinner plate, a pair of sun glasses, and other odds and ends into a Helmet.

Way to go Colin, raising the bar!!

M

MoviesColin

Haha Rob.

As for progress, my (rich) buddy has decieded to go halvesies on it. He pays $125 to help molding/casting costs, and I give him 50% profit. Not bad. We plan to at least run two different helmets.

M

MoviesColin

I printed most of those out.
A head-on shot would be fantastic. I need to see how the far the cheeks stick out.

Anyways, about 1 1/2 hours into it. Not bad, but that's about all the clay I own right now... Looks like it's time for a store run...

1.jpg

152.jpg

F

Fakenrite

You got it bud... let me get out the gear and snap some pics... gimme an hour or so and I'll post a bunch

Dan

P

PredatrHuntr

Nice work...this had potential to be one bad ass Bio...keep us updated, you have some good talent...

M

MoviesColin

I picked up some clay, and as the paint on another project was drying I sculpted a bit more. When I get home from school, I will post pics.

M

Master Yoda 54

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Go for it man, i can't wait to see more pics of it.

EKO

P

pirkleations

Sweet work on the lower half of the bio so far!!

DangerDavey

K

kithunter

excellent work colin, you've come a long way since you joined tha lair.

rock on

AM

S

ScottAS

Mix all your clay together 1st, then it will be a uniform color. Sculpt looks nice!