sci-fi sword suppliers?

K

kgg777

Anyone know if there is an online place that sells unusual SF -type fiberglass/whatever swords? Predator, Middle Earth, or Klingon-ish?
I need to adapt 3-5 for a movie and would rather go with something off the rack then scratchbuild.

Any tips appreciated..including the type you jab into someone.

D

Don Jarr

Um! isn't jabbing a sword into some a no no?? or is this a snuff film (lol)

More seroiusly I did have a web site somewhere of a guy I know of that sells film prop swords. I will try and find it out and post it to ya.

Don

T

TK3467

I second that. I was going to post about Bud K until I scrolled down.

K

kgg777

Thanks

The sword i am looking for is supposed to be made up of tiny interlocking pieces of metal.
I was going to try customizing a ready made sword by etching grooves into it(or drawing them on) but it may just be better to get a bunch of metal or plastic shards and glue them together.

The hunt is on.

N

NibsFlibble

There's a place I found in Newport, OR, that sells just about every type of sword there is. I'll try to find the business card and post it here (still packed away in moving boxes).

Great swords, and an even better price!!!!!

B

BaitysBlacksmithing

I might be able to come up with something for you too. You will need to email me a picture of what you want and I can get you an approximate price quote. My email is Baitys_forge@hotmail.com

and my site is Baitysblacksmithing.com

K

kgg777

Hey I'll keep the info handy. Havent done a detailed schematic drawing yet but will very soon, then pass it along.

Now i have to track down robot body parts.
I need an online haven of unusual plastic containers, bottles and shapes that can be cannibalized!

arrgh!

BANE

Blooded
try this place, i get all my swords here, have great fantasy swords, www.budk.com

last sword i bought from them was called thunder master sword, awesome dull edge sword makes a great movie prop or static display, was pretty cheap to, think i paid $19.00 or $29.99 for it. also have another sword from them, great looking sword all black blade edge is sharp as as razor, (stabed self in foot with it ouch,lol) it was $19.00 all prices arent with shipping. check them out get ya catalog and good luck with your fan flick.

BANE

Blooded
any and all information is good information no matter how late it is, it's there for all of us to use if need be.