screw ebay

inkmonster

Hunter
ebay just yanked my auction for my darren harvey gort bio. i dont get it its a original sculpt and they have a ton of predator items and costumes that look allmost movie accurate. they pulled bob baggys auction and mcdonaldspeeds when they were selling there gort bios too. is there something about that specific item that sets them off? from what i heard through the grapevine fox has not had a single item pulled from ebay related to predator and alien items. so if thats true then its someone that just is sending them emails getting some of the competiton out of the way. my auction is the only one i seen that got pulled aout of all the predator items listed this week. if there going to do that then they should remove everything including predator model kits that arent liscensed by fox. well if anyone is interested in it from the lair its still avalible. 175.00 plus 25.00 s&h in the U.S.. rant off.

Bovine13

Hunter
I hear ya. I have bid on things only to have them pulled and then lost. Never understood why certain things get pulled and others dont.

inkmonster

Hunter
no its not fair if there going to do that then they need to remove everything thats not liscensed by fox thats listed relating to aliens or predator. i sent them a nasty email im shure it wont do me any good i bought the darn thing on ebay i should be able to sell it on ebay. if fox did remove it then i would like a letter from fox as to that effect. im begining to think vero is just a company that takes matters into there own hands because some other ebay member alerts them to a specific item and fox doesnt even have anything to do with it.

carlart

Hunter
no its not fair if there going to do that then they need to remove everything thats not liscensed by fox thats listed relating to aliens or predator.
Be careful what you wish for--it may come back to bite you and others selling pred stuff. There's a buy and sell section right here----you don't need eBay. Did you contact Darren before posting it? Vero is indeed an operation unto itself, with no Fox involvement.

carlart

inkmonster

Hunter
yeah i knida figured that vero was seperate from fox. no carl i didnt even think that maybe darren pulled it but even though he sculpted it he has no legal copyright on anything predator related. i tried to sell it here on the lair for a few weeks now but apparently nobody here is interested. i was hoping to sell it to put the money toward your new armor bud. i need that more than i need the bio.

inkmonster

Hunter
yeah dan it was posted in the buy and sell section . i believe its only maybe 5 or 6 down on the list. it says d harvey gort bio forsale.

N

NUCKING FUTS

Ya I know how you feel ink they keep pulling my lasers I sell and I for kick off for 7 days assholes. But I feel the same way with someone emailing them about it but onces there locked on to you they well keep on eye on you even if you reword your posting its sucks.

ScottAS

Hunter
Dwayne send me a pm, I might have a little trade if your interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

carlart

Hunter
I didnt even think that maybe darren pulled it but even though he sculpted it he has no legal copyright on anything predator related.
Remember, even though an artist may not have an intellectual, licensed copyright to a pred item, it does not mean that he doesn't have an artistic copyright to it. According to VERO, an artist does have that right, because they sweated out the creation of an item BASED on an itellectually copyrighted studio item. To avoid those issues in an auction, all you have to do is word the listing "based on predator" or something similar. In speaking to a copyright lawyer on the subject he concurs, as long as attribution is given in one form or another.

As for the $$$, don't worry amigo. I'll have a set put aside for you when you're ready.
carlart

inkmonster

Hunter
im ready bro even if it dont sell. if i dont get rid of it im not gonna be heart broken i actually like the bio. i have a bob bagy version to id allmost rather let that one go. i spoke to darren he said he didnt pull it and fox infact probably had something to do with it. he told me he was banned for a month for selling predator and terminator items. i seen another one of the lair members had some bios pulled as well which i still cant understand how a complete costume can go for weeks without getting pulled. but hey thats ebay. so if i have any other pred items i'll just list them here the heck with given money to ebay unless i have to.

ta2pro

Hunter
and all this time people said i was paranoid!ha-ha-ha-ha....SHHHHHHHHHHHHH,stop laughing at me.anywhos.i had it nailed a while back that this "singling out" was valid.i dont know who it is,but it is a individual and not this "vero" thingy.start watching all pred items.watch to see the duration of how long they last.then start singling the ones that auctions jump the hoop and you'll most likely catch the perp there.my 2 cents is the "jaglizard" person.ive been told be a reputable source,that they have stolen molds to cast thier stuff.start watch this guy,because his auctions-never end?coincidence?
Remember, even though an artist may not have an intellectual, licensed copyright to a pred item, it does not mean that he doesn't have an artistic copyright to it. According to VERO, an artist does have that right, because they sweated out the creation of an item BASED on an itellectually copyrighted studio item. To avoid those issues in an auction, all you have to do is word the listing "based on predator" or something similar. In speaking to a copyright lawyer on the subject he concurs, as long as attribution is given in one form or another.

As for the $$$, don't worry amigo. I'll have a set put aside for you when you're ready.
carlart

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
I have never seen any of jaglizard stuff pulled from ebay and its all predator related goods. It is funny how the high end goods get pulled and the crap one stay up.

Faken

Hunter
Maybe I should start an eBay style auction site for props and costumes lol! Call it www.verofreeauctions.com

ScottAS

Hunter
Hi Mr Faken,
Would you please call our receptionist at FOX. We would like to talk to you.

Last edited by a moderator: